Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will there be a shiny new striker pictured holding up an Albion shirt today?

Will Albion sign a new striker today?

• Yes - sure thing!

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Nah - Dan the man said we have enough attacking options already

Votes: 183 91.5%

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No, everyone else seems to ve stuffing their ranks with forwards of varying pedigree but despite our shortage of firepower having been a constant for a couple of seasons, Glen excluded, we are being advised we have sufficient firepower.......really???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If we don't and one of our recognise strikers gets a bad injury we will be struggling again all season , having a squad with just two strikers available in this league is basically asking for trouble.

We absolutely must sign a third experience striker today , will we ? I think yes , the consequences are too risky not to.

The too much wages thing is a non starter , we're a Premier league team and should expect to have to pay over the odds in our current dilemma, and the agents of these players available will be fully aware of that fact .

So in short , Welcome back Glen :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wish we would just be put out of our misery one way or the other FFS !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Patience is a virtue, only 4ish hours to go....unless we stretch out a potential Welbeck deal which probably won’t happen anyway

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It must be unnerving for some of these free agent players like Welbeck, Sturridge, Wilshere that they may be without a Premier League club. All they are used to is wages of £100K+ a week, and given their ages they should still have several years left in them at the top level.

As my 14 year-old son has found out, there is only so much XBox you can play during lockdown before you get bored.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He will be hoping player from Switzerland can contribute until Androne is fit in Jan/Feb

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How many times does this door slam shut? Who fitted it? I thought it closed weeks ago?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, everyone else seems to ve stuffing their ranks with forwards of varying pedigree but despite our shortage of firepower having been a constant for a couple of seasons, Glen excluded, we are being advised we have sufficient firepower.......really???

SIX fxxkin seasons, makes my piss boil. :lol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sturridge is an interesting one. Not seen him even linked with a club, which given his talent is a surprise. The gambling ban he got plus the injury record must be putting people off.

Such a frustrating player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, this is the door to the porch of the property.

I think it’s the backdoor, poorly lit pathway and only used by past it old journeymen. Nothing like the blinged up expensive front door that slammed shut a while ago.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agreed, at least Welbeck is just a sicknote. Sturridge is a sick note a mentalist and with gambling issues.

Plenty of stories about many of his "injuries" being more mental health related than physical. It's a real shame as he has / had so much talent and could have been one of the best English strikers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it’s the backdoor, poorly lit pathway and only used by past it old journeymen. Nothing like the blinged up expensive front door that slammed shut a while ago.
I'd still like to see two or three of our youngsters sneaking out of the backdoor to have a year in the Championship or League 1 though. Looks like we're leaving it to the last minute though, so probably won't happen. Pity, IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here