Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the AMEX be EXTENDED if we go UP ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not true...I met the architect for The Amex at Withdean a few years ago before the first official first "dig" at Falmer. He told me the stadium is designed to hold hold 35k to 40K max by elevating the East Stand and levelling off the North/South stand roofs and inserting another middle tier like The West stand. The middle tier would snake round above the North and South stands meeting up with the East. Think Man City's ground (but smaller), the cost of this would be enormous and lets be honest the transport infastructure can hardly cope with 30k at present.

Well thats not what Hebbard and Perry said when we had the stadium tour 3/4 of the way through construction. They were delighted with the secretive "tapping nose" aspect of the 2nd tier of the East stand to come, and the potential to fill the corners to boost capacity beyond that initial 22k that we were granted permission for. But elevating the east stand ? Leveling off the north/south roofs ? Sorry, I just cannot see that. Not without taking the whole thing apart. Sounds like complete fantasy to me.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not true...I met the architect for The Amex at Withdean a few years ago before the first official first "dig" at Falmer. He told me the stadium is designed to hold hold 35k to 40K max by elevating the East Stand and levelling off the North/South stand roofs and inserting another middle tier like The West stand. The middle tier would snake round above the North and South stands meeting up with the East. Think Man City's ground (but smaller), the cost of this would be enormous and lets be honest the transport infastructure can hardly cope with 30k at present.
At last the plan is revealed to get us to the 40K level required for a World Cup venue. And the FA can fund it as well, just need to win the bid :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When we've spent 15 consecutive years in the Premier league and are hosting Barca, Bayern and St Mirren in the Champions League, then this thread may be worthwhile ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Ban him - we can't handle common sense on here or anything remotely lacking controversy!!!!

We go up,we have 20,000 on the waiting list for season tickets,bang sold out regardless of opposition,bums on seats too :lolol: .... we have a half decent season,somehow attract major sponsors too......TB thinks? hmmm.......Waterhall? 50000 seats?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A couple of seasons in the Prem would raise enough cash to finance some rebuilding work.

I do think that the North Stand is the weak point. That is where the heartbeat of the stadium should be, but the singing section is spread too wide with the shallow single tier stand. If we aspire to be an established Prem club then we need a bigger, more vocal North Stand to create a fortress atmosphere.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Cash in hand + EU sourced Labour, £200k all in ... don't tell the council. ; )

A couple of seasons in the Prem would raise enough cash to finance some rebuilding work.

I do think that the North Stand is the weak point. That is where the heartbeat of the stadium should be, but the singing section is spread too wide with the shallow single tier stand. If we aspire to be an established Prem club then we need a bigger, more vocal North Stand to create a fortress atmosphere.

wpid-aviary_1429941964215.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here