Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Sunday be the day the AXE finally falls on Sami

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Albion have historically bounced between the second and third tiers. Sami obviously can’t inspire anyone to score.
Div . 1 or someone to do a job. Premier League is just a dream.
Historically, we have never had infrastructure like now, never been in a position of what should be a very competitive club at this level with out the noose of debt around us. Or should we not aspire to being one of the top clubs in the UK, and just accept our place as an also ran?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I certainly hope so.
I want to watch all the NSC geniuses explain what happens when he does go, and the team is mired right where it is now even with him gone.

The lack of a plan B may be more widespread than first believed...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Three games until the international break. Win a couple of them and he will be okay for a while. Fail to win one and I can see Bloom sacking him in the break, giving himself two weeks to get a new man in.

However the recruitment of players will still be rubbish with the same set up and a new manager will see that. I therefore doubt we can attract a better manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Second, if this squad is inadequate, that's the fault of the recruitment team and not Sami Hyypia.

Hard to tell whether it's the squad or Hyypia's tactics and motivational skills or a combination of both. Either way it's all pretty underwhelming at the moment.

D

Deleted member 2719

I now believe the players are losing faith in how Sami is setting up the side and this is spreading through the camp it's no good for Brighton and Hove Albion and all those poor cats that get kicked when us fans get home.

He has got to go.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It is really interesting to watch the players carry out the prematch warm up. Early in the season they were larking around together and focused - working as a team. Now watch them - it's all lacklustre and just going through the motions. The team lacks all motivation and belief in what is happening. Combine this with our incredible tendency to let in a goal shortly after half time. Common factor - the person who is talking to them before they go out. Sami. I'm a club, Bloom, Barber, Burke loyalist - and that is why I think Sami has to go

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Three games until the international break. Win a couple of them and he will be okay for a while. Fail to win one and I can see Bloom sacking him in the break, giving himself two weeks to get a new man in.

However the recruitment of players will still be rubbish with the same set up and a new manager will see that. I therefore doubt we can attract a better manager.

I would really love to know, who turned us down from the very high calibre list that Barber told us about, before we again employed a manager who had no experience in our league.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hard to tell whether it's the squad or Hyypia's tactics and motivational skills or a combination of both. Either way it's all pretty underwhelming at the moment.
Not sure that it is so hard to tell. The squad is actually a decent mix of young and full internationals, age and youth, goalscorers and defenders. The fans, myself included, would like/expect a Ulloa type up front to make the system work and Sami may well feel the same, but who would know? Personally I'm in the 'motivational skills' box. If I didn't have a season ticket, it wouldn't be Sami motivating me to go and watch. His words in the media don't engage me or make me want to go and watch the team. His messages to me as a fan go in one ear and out the other. His style and body language at pitchside aren't enthusiastic and don't suggest any threat to a player who fails to perform. Jones can jump up and down all he likes, but the players know he ain't the boss. Hyppia standing up occasionally and chewing his nails won't put the fear of God in to anyone. And I know some don't share the view, but in some form or another, there is a PR role in being a manager. Sami chooses not to fulfil the part of the role that includes involving himself with the fans on matchday. I'm only talking about a little 'we're in this together, get behind the team' clap to the fans before the game starts or 'thanks for coming' clap at the end. But he has chosen not to do so and if he can't/won't motivate me, how can he motivate the players? I see no sign of it on matchdays. So my conclusion is that it is the manager not the squad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would really love to know, who turned us down from the very high calibre list that Barber told us about, before we again employed a manager who had no experience in our league.

I don't know but given the budget it is hard to see how we can attract the best managers. An experienced championship manager has got a dozen or so better options to manage his way back to the Premiership.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In all honesty I think another poor performance/result on Saturday followed by a lack of activity from the club on either the managerial front or bringing in any loan players and I can see next weeks crowds taking a big hit. We've got Wigan on Tuesday who I can't see bringing many fans with them as well as I can see us having quite a number of no shows especially from fans who already find it a tight schedule getting from work to football and home again in midweek. Then on the Saturday there's engineering works on the west coast between Worthing and Brighton so again I can see quite a few fans giving the match a miss.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While the squad is not as good as last season it is far better than it is currently performing. It has top flight experience throughout, it is for hyypia to get the best out of the players and he has so far failed miserably. The same happened with him in Germany.
If he flatly refuses to change the way he has us playing he unfortunately should be shown the door.
Shame because he seems a nice enough bloke and stability would be good, but it's a results business.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
And there we were thinking that with our state of the art stadium and with the best training facilities in the land we'd have top drawer managers and players falling over themselves to play for us!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here