Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Sunday be the day the AXE finally falls on Sami

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
Albion have historically bounced between the second and third tiers. Sami obviously can’t inspire anyone to score.
Div . 1 or someone to do a job. Premier League is just a dream.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think that the team is basically not as good as last year, but feel nonetheless that more could be got out of them. Interestingly, in the sports supplement of a national newspaper, the reporter speaks of two lacklustre teams yesterday, with the winner the one that was less lacklustre! This, combined with comments from SH that he felt that some team members were not giving it their all the other week, is surely down to a lack of motivation, though we are repeatedly told that the players have bought into the new system. Yes, I know -they are club employees and are hardly likely to say anything else in public! I can see why some NSC members do not want to change a manager so early one, as this does not necessarily guarantee a better end of season position, albeit after an initial flurry of better results as players try to impress the incoming manager. It is clearly a gamble -at other times, players see a change of manager as a blessed release and then react well to a change, and I just wonder if this might be the case here -this team surely has the ability to do better, even if it is not play-off material. And there is also the conundrum as to who recruited which player on whose advice? SH might reasonably claim that not all the acquisitions are to his liking and were forced on him against his better judgement. On the other hand, Tex and Holla seemed to have got worse as the season has progressed and you have to ask yourself why? If you accept that this is true of these two players, then you cannot really blame the three Bs for that. It is a complex situation if you try to work out who is to blame from afar, as we do not know all the inner workings of the club.

As an aside, I notice that SH pays tribute to the Albion fan's patience, yet I am sure that I also read that he might be looking to the loan market for a striker -is he himself running out of patience, we wonder?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
In a word no,don't know many that want him gone except all the saps on here

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
No chance, I was never convinced Sami was the man when we appointed him but he deserves more than a dozen league games to prove himself.

Absolute nonsense to get rid now.
Why does he deserve it? What has he done for us other than be totally inept? He deserves no more time in my eyes. He should have already been sacked.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The overall squad is weaker than last season and visibly more so from the season before that. Lose on Saturday and I think Sami will be called into the boardroom for a chat on Sunday morning.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
First of all, we're not going to lose to Bournemouth. Our so-called strikers are bound to score eventually and Sod's Law dictates that it will be against our former favourite Tommy Elphick, a genuinely nice guy who has been playing well. Because that's the way it goes in football.

Second, if this squad is inadequate, that's the fault of the recruitment team and not Sami Hyypia.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If we lose to Bournemouth I do not think that he will be fired, I think he would be given the 2 home games to turn it around.
Either way I am not a fan of Sami, I do not think he is the right man to take us forward.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wouldn't like to try and predict when the club will finally act to try and halt the slump we are in, If they don't want to sack Hyypia then at least give him a couple more players to try and help turn this around. In my opinion we definitely need a centre forward who can get on the end of things and for other players to feed off as well as an experienced player in the centre of midfield who can control things in there and organise the younger players around him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Why does he deserve it? What has he done for us other than be totally inept? He deserves no more time in my eyes. He should have already been sacked.

Probably because it takes more than a dozen league games to create a team. We lost key players in the Summer and failed to adequetley replace them but that's not entirely Sami's fault. What if we sack him and bring someone else in and they only get 12-15 points from their first dozen games, do we sack them as well??

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Probably because it takes more than a dozen league games to create a team. We lost key players in the Summer and failed to adequetley replace them but that's not entirely Sami's fault. What if we sack him and bring someone else in and they only get 12-15 points from their first dozen games, do we sack them as well??
Yeah, maybe I am being a little hasty due to frustration. How many games would you give him if we continue at the bottom half of the table? But I do think the players are better than the position they are in, so perhaps that is down to the manager.

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
If we lose to Bournemouth I do not think that he will be fired, I think he would be given the 2 home games to turn it around.
Either way I am not a fan of Sami, I do not think he is the right man to take us forward.

He HAS to go. But I think he will get next week to turn it around in the 2 home games. I don't for one minute think he will be in charge during the international break and I think in TB's heart he knows the same - me must do. At best a point v Bournemouth can be expected so I don't think it will happen on Sunday morning if we lose.

Worryingly, he has previous in the '12 games without a win' category and that was with a team full of quality. It's the German equivalent of taking charge of Arsenal and not winning in 12 games - that takes some doing. This spells out to me loud and clear that even If we bought in 2 or 3 quality players he still wouldn't know what to do with them.

It's not even the results that is the most worrying part. It's the performances and cluelessness of it all. We could have played for 90 days and not scored against Tottenham.

Finally, people should give JFC a bit of slack. He's actually improved in my opinion this season. It's hard to perform in a team with no idea what their doing! For me Gary Gardner deserves the criticism - he's dreadful!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I fairness Sami Hyypia has had 18 competitive games which is more than enough time to mould some kind of team together.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The fact is that Baldock, Colunga, CMS and even O'Ldlady all have the ability to score goals. they have proven that at various levels and playing in different teams utilising different systems. Unfortunately in this team playing this system not one of them can find the net! They havent all suddenly turned into poor strikers surely? The problem as I see it is that it is a combination of the players not understanding, having no confidence in and not being suited the system. So who chooses and deploys the system and ultimately is to blame when it is so clearly a duff system that is not working??

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
MUM! it's not fair. We're not winning our games. You said we'd be playing in the Premiership. I really hate you! I hope we go bust!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Both Brighton and LFC have both lost their talisman and even though one of them has spent money to try and fill the gap they have not completely succeeded. How any team thinks selling its best players and replacing them with crud is going to make an impact in any league is beyond me. DoTony and Burke think the opposition will be dazzled by our new stadium?
The drop in class from Gus to Oscar to Sammi in terms of playing squad is amazing, one that any club could not withstand.
I thought we needed to invest to make the play offs, now I know we need to invest in order to stay up. Changing the manager will make no permanent difference and we are supposed to be a forward looking club, aren't we ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yeah, maybe I am being a little hasty due to frustration. How many games would you give him if we continue at the bottom half of the table? But I do think the players are better than the position they are in, so perhaps that is down to the manager.

I'd give him until the New Year at least. Tony, Paul and the rest of the team put on a vigorous interview process and left no stone unturned in finding the best man for the job. If they believed that was Sami back in the Summer then they need to give him sufficient time to do what he needs to mould us into a side capable of promotion, now we're a way off that at the moment but I don't believe 3 months is really sufficent time.

We're all frustrated, I said at the point we appointed Sami I dodn't think he was the right choice but I wasn't part of the interview process. It looks very poor on our board if they believed Sami was the right man in July and in late Autumn they're already giving up on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here