Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Newcastle sell out?

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
As Sky are showing the game and ST holders have to pay for Cup games it is unlikely that the match will be a sell out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If it went to a replay and they got 35 k to add to our 20k I reckon with the FA getting their 10% after expenses it would still leave about a million to split. That might come in handy.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Would depend really, we got 30k v Blackburn (who had 200 fans there!) but that was a Saturday game. I reckon around the same, definitely more though if they lowered the price from £20.

We will have many more there than Blackburn did.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There only look like loads of tickets because the unsold STH seats are now on sale. Once word gets out, I'd expect them to sell fast.

Expect these to sell from Wednesday. The points needed now is 200 - that's still a decent figure without a ST. Can't be too many non STH's on 200 points.

However, Wednesday it's 100, however I also think those with 50 points will be in with a shout if they are fast!

There was always going to be a fair few ST seats become available. Think about how many are empty (1500 ish) for a league game - and that's when the STH don't have to pay any extra for their seat.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Big Premier League side at the AMEX on a SATURDAY??

Probably will beat the Liverpool record attendance to be honest.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Agreed - no reason for any empties as money would have only been handed over a few days ago, where as for the ST's it could be as much as a year ago!

22400 will be the crowd

Thats more than capacity. People on the rooftops?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
There only look like loads of tickets because the unsold STH seats are now on sale. Once word gets out, I'd expect them to sell fast.

There will no doubt be STH's wanting to sit in another area, which they weren't able to do until tonight.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Doh - 22300 - honest typo!

I may be wrong here but don't Newcastle get 15% of the ground, meaning some of the East stand will belong to them? This also means that some of the east stand seats will be divided. I doubt the attendance will reach 21,800 but all tickets will be sold (like every week).

the issue with the loyalty points is you suffer from a personal perspective and therefore feels unfair...I'd like to take my son (who is 6), i know that my mate who I sit next to in WSU isn't going. So logically to me they should just swap the ticket to a U10 and i am happy. However, it that is replicated with every ST holder that isn't going, then those without ST would get a sniff. Or you put all non ST tickets on sale straight away to non ST holders with loyalty points and allow some swapping amongst ST holders...oh f**k it eeesss complicated init

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
the issue with the loyalty points is you suffer from a personal perspective and therefore feels unfair...I'd like to take my son (who is 6), i know that my mate who I sit next to in WSU isn't going. So logically to me they should just swap the ticket to a U10 and i am happy. However, it that is replicated with every ST holder that isn't going, then those without ST would get a sniff. Or you put all non ST tickets on sale straight away to non ST holders with loyalty points and allow some swapping amongst ST holders...oh f**k it eeesss complicated init

Your not kidding. I would give my right gonad to get another ticket for my Mrs. The only way I can do it is purchase mine, then Q up at the club shop Friday morning in the hope I can get two, then sell mine on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here