Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be an Albion player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
We know Caicedo wouldn't turn down a move.
We know that RDZ told Caicedo to work hard and move to a bigger club this summer.
Naylor has obviously been briefed by the club the 100m valuation so we know the club want to sell.

Would love him to stay but all the signs point to that not happening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No. Appreciate new contract would be a lot more money but after not letting him go in January would think he will be very unhappy if dont let him go to a big club now.
Maybe it was just money he was after and new contract has done the trick plus Europa League
I don't think he'd have signed that new and long (potentially 5 year) contract in March if he hadn't considered the possibility of sticking around for at least one more season if we didn't get the right offer this summer. And the longer this window goes on and in to pre-season training and tours, the less likely I think that that too-much-to-turn-down offer is coming.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
How come he's not at training with everyone else?
Do Ecuador have some friendlies?

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My head thinks he'll go in the end, but if Chelsea think they can call Bloom's bluff then they really haven't learnt anything over the last year. They'll have to pay up or move on.

On the other hand my heart truly hopes he stays for another season. I think he'll have a phenomenal season for us, gain European experience and have all the top European clubs after him if he does.
can't remember which social media it was but saw someone saying they should drag it out til deadline when we would have no choice but to accept 70m

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pretty resigned to him going. If if doesn't get on the plane to the USA that will be a bad sign. Presumably, he doesn't feature on the most recent club training video as away with Ecuador?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
No, simply as Mike from Jersey, Dante from Lagos and Cliff from Guildford have all confirmed independently it’s not fair and he should leave on a fair price of £60m. The fact we don’t want or need to sell is irrelevant

I am convinced Tone will come to his senses and do the humane thing
Simply don't understand that reasoning. "Fair price of 60M"... come on! Rice goes for £100m'ish and our boy is younger and I believe better. Your comment about TB "coming to his senses...humane" is so naive. I know the Albion is a fair club but not financially stupid. Maybe a deal with Moises, to stop his agent throwing the toys out of the pram by unsettling the player, is to say to our boy... be patient until the proper offer comes in but meanwhile we'll pay you whatever CFC has offered.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Simply don't understand that reasoning. "Fair price of 60M"... come on! Rice goes for £100m'ish and our boy is younger and I believe better. Your comment about TB "coming to his senses...humane" is so naive. I know the Albion is a fair club but not financially stupid. Maybe a deal with Moises, to stop his agent throwing the toys out of the pram by unsettling the player, is to say to our boy... be patient until the proper offer comes in but meanwhile we'll pay you whatever CFC has offered.
I think you're missing the sarcasm in the post you quoted.

You're right though. There's no such thing as a fair price when it comes to transfers. It costs whatever the seller is willing to sell for.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I’m changing my mind to leaning towards yes. The longer it goes on, the longer I think it likely. We don’t want or have to sell and Chelsea don’t seem to want to pay the price we’re allegedly asking.
For Moises, another season with us and in EL is only going to increase his stock for next summer.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I think you've been wooshed

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting to see that 53% think he'll be staying when the NSC narrative for the past 6 months has been that he'll 100% be off this summer.

The truth is we're in exactly the same situation as we were in when he signed his new contract; he'll be off if someone pays the very high price that we want for him.

There are only a handful of teams in the world who have the money to pay our price so it's been clear for months that there wasn't going to be a queue of clubs after him this summer as most of them had expensive priorities elsewhere.

Unfortunately for us the one club that is currently happy to chuck hundreds of millions around is the club that wants him. They're trying to be tough negotiators but they also tried that in January with Fernandez before caving in and paying the full price. My worry is that despite the reports in the press that they won't go over 80m as the deadline approaches they'll crumble again and pay what Tony wants.

Still, it's nice to see NSC coming round to a more realistic view of the situation. He might stay. Until recently it felt like it was me, @Simster and one or two others banging the drum that him staying was a realistic prospect.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've gone 'No' on the basis that he is a proven Prem and international player and there are a lot of big clubs still far behind Man City that need a player like him to close the gap.

Man Utd and Chelsea are the obvious clubs. Both need him - or someone like him - if they are to compete at the highest level, but I don't see anyone else on the market that can do what he does. There was a time when Man Utd wouldn't have thought twice about bringing him in, and at the c. £90 mill figure that would probably get the deal done now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Caicedo's new agents were that close to earning life-changing lumps of commission in January. Can't see them being thwarted again this Summer

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Enciso is back. Interesting that pervis and Moises arent. Still quite like the rumour about us delaying home kit announcement until Moises is back.
I was wondering if the kit announcement is being held off for either a) Moises staying or b) Levi signing...
Probably neither, but it's a nice distraction for my off season low mood.
I voted Yes, I think as others have said, that his price will quite possibly be out of most club's reach this year and if he does stay, I think he will be happy with us for another year.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm sure this isn't the way football works in the real world. But in my world, if I was Tony Bloom I would speak to Caicedo's agent and say we absolutely do not want to lose him, but if somebody meets our valuation of £100 million (as a guess) then we will let him go. However, this stance of ours expires 7 days before our first game of the season. After that, the price doubles because we are not prepared to lose him mid-season. Do with that info what you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here