Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Eddie be sacked...??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If they lose at Norwich he'll be in real danger of the boot.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Smug Eddie has worked miracles at Bournemouth, they surely wouldn’t sack him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Would be equally clever to Huddersfield kicking out Wagner.

What are you talking about?

Town did not sack Wagner and didn’t want him to go...he walked as he felt he was letting down the supporters.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely a very similar situation to us last season and an unlikely manager to get the sack

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On today's showing it would not surprise me if Bournemouth show Eddie the door.... many say he is unsackable but I am not so sure. Souness rightly said that the money spent on players they should not be where they are

Yes, but many of those olayers haven't been available to him for some time, the injury list there is terrible. I still say Bournemouth won't go down, and Smug Eddie will survive.

I'm even tempted to have a £10 bet with someone, that they will finish higher in the table than us. Just as well l don't gamble.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That would be beautiful.

‘Albion put final nail in Howe’s coffin after embarrassing defeat’ or something........

‘Potter magic spells the end for Eddie’

lol at 'Potter magic'. Winning at Dean Court will be very very difficult. He will need all the magic he can get. In recent years we have a very poor record there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would be equally clever to Huddersfield kicking out Wagner.

Sacking your coach mid-season is usually stupid as ****. People overrate that move because you remember the few times it works and forget all of the times it has little to no effect.

If you have a good team and hire a new manager for whatever reason and it all turns to shit (i.e. Moyes at Utd) - fine, sack him.

But in cases where its very obvious the manager is not the problem, why would you go that route other than purely populistic reasons? And I think Eddie Howe has proved that he is not a problem for Bournemouth, sort of like Messi have proved that if Barca fail, he is not the major problem.

Huddersfield didn't kick out David Wagner, indeed they were desperate to keep him, but he resigned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does today's result at Villa Park mean double 'new manager bounce' possibility?

I think Dean Smith is likely to go before Smug Eddie. Their fans were sure they’d emulate Wolves, that result is really going to hurt

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I strongly dislike Bournemouth. That is completely based on bitterness that they reached the Prem before we did. But I like Eddie and if someone's going to keep them up, it's him. However I think he should take a better job in the summer as I think he's reached the ceiling with them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I hate smug Eddie as much as the next person

However the injury list there is huge and to say he should be performing better seems a touch harsh in the current climate.

They only have two players out now I believe and anyway a premier league team of 5 years should have more strength in depth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here