Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes we need to move on now.

He isn't going anywhere.
The government need to up their game and start impressing us with how they run the country.

If they fail to, they are dead in the water.

This saga will be thrown back at them time and time again.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Has anybody changed their mind because of this? Waste of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair, he ensured Boris got to run the country to see if Boris could run the country.

In other matters, why did Cheryl from The Royle Family just get to ask a question?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hahahahahahhahaha. Keep digging Dom. Durham is a shithole full of concrete blocks.

Yoda

English & European
So, lets get this straight.

He left downing street in a hurry after his wife had been feeling unwell with symptoms. - Fair enough.

He returned to Downing Street later after his wife started to feel a little better. - Issue number one. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike One!

He then returned home again and after discussing with his wife who was starting to feel ill again, decide to drive 260 odd miles aver a 4 and a half hour journey to his Parents farm in Durham. - Issue number two. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike Two! (ignoring the fact his four year old son must have an incredibly strong bladder to last that long without a "potty" break). - Dodgy statement one.

He drove to Barnard Castle with his wife and child to "test his eyesight for driving". (So you're basically admitting to being a bad husband & parent by putting their lives at risk). - Dodgy statement two.

Also, he drove to Barnard Castle with his wife and child to "test his eyesight for driving" whilst still not feeling 100%, eventually getting out of the car to sit on a bench for fresh air. - Issue number three. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike Three! - YOU'RE OUT!

Still doesn't believe he broke any lockdown guidance due to his child. Let me quote that same guidance from the gov.uk website:
Advice for the children in the household
This guidance applies to children of all ages.

Keep following the Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance.

Children who are part of a household that is following guidance on staying at home due to possible coronavirus should take exercise within their home. Children who are part of a household that is following guidance on staying at home due to possible coronavirus should not be attending school or any childcare settings even if they are children of key workers.

Children should also be encouraged to follow good hygiene – frequent handwashing with soap and water and avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...eased-risk-or-has-symptoms-of-coronavirus-cov

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate to say this but the press haven't laid a glove on him. I have it on the radio. Maybe it looks worse on the telly. The problem is that if this were a court case, the jury would retire, chat for an hour, then come back and pronounce him guilty. Here the journos will all go back to their laptops and report that Cummings stuck to his guns, time to move on....

Why won't one of them ask abut the relative in London? I guess he'd say the relative is older than his neice up north and mre at risk of ill effects if infected.

No, I think he's done a superb job defending the indefensible and getting away with it.

On a lighter note, I put in my application to rejoin the labour party today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear.

It's contradictory nonsense.

Apparently such an important man (needed to get back to London to save the world), but had to drive himself back himself and go for a 30 mile test drive before

I'm not fooled, he didn't have to drive himself and neither did he have to go for a test drive.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think a quick spin round the block would be enough for most people to realise if they are fit to drive.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Been having problems with my eyesight so just going to gather up my nearest and dearest and take them for a drive to test it out.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I hate to say this but the press haven't laid a glove on him. I have it on the radio. Maybe it looks worse on the telly. The problem is that if this were a court case, the jury would retire, chat for an hour, then come back and pronounce him guilty. Here the journos will all go back to their laptops and report that Cummings stuck to his guns, time to move on....

Why won't one of them ask abut the relative in London? I guess he'd say the relative is older than his neice up north and mre at risk of ill effects if infected.

No, I think he's done a superb job defending the indefensible and getting away with it.

And I'm heading down to the west country tomorrow to see family I've not seen in 2 months. Good chance to test the car out too!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008

He did say it wasnt right to put a friend in the way of a deadly disease when his 17 year old niece had volunteered.......

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think a quick spin round the block would be enough for most people to realise if they are fit to drive.

Exactly. Why doesn’t a journo pick him up on this.

If you’re in doubt whether you are able to safely drive, you go for a modest drive round the block.

You don’t pack your 4 year old in the back seat and go for a nice jolly day out, with two stops at a river and a woodland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, lets get this straight.

He left downing street in a hurry after his wife had been feeling unwell with symptoms. - Fair enough.

He returned to Downing Street later after his wife started to feel a little better. - Issue number one. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike One!

He then returned home again and after discussing with his wife who was starting to feel ill again, decide to drive 260 odd miles aver a 4 and a half hour journey to his Parents farm in Durham. - Issue number two. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike Two! (ignoring the fact his four year old son must have an incredibly strong bladder to last that long without a "potty" break). - Dodgy statement one.

He drove to Barnard Castle with his wife and child to "test his eyesight for driving". (So you're basically admitting to being a bad husband & parent by putting their lives at risk). - Dodgy statement two.

Also, he drove to Barnard Castle with his wife and child to "test his eyesight for driving" whilst still not feeling 100%, eventually getting out of the car to sit on a bench for fresh air. - Issue number three. Guidance clearly states Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any symptoms. - Strike Three! - YOU'RE OUT!

Still doesn't believe he broke any lockdown guidance due to his child. Let me quote that same guidance from the gov.uk website:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...eased-risk-or-has-symptoms-of-coronavirus-cov

A pity you aren't one of the journos at the press conference, the one to sum up.

If I'm wrong and he doesn't get off scott free, and there is no fall out in the government, no resignations, no protests, and we all do what some folk think is the right thing (move on, nothing to see here) I'd be delighted.

But I fear I'm not wrong.

Tells us a lot about Boris, though. Can you imagine crossing this man, or even disagreeing with him? Malcolm Tucker was generally polite to his party leader. Cummings? I wonder how many times he has called Boris a stupid fat ****? At cabinet meetings? In private? I am beginning to think Boris may be a masochist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here