Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
From Owlstalk

"
Love how Brighton seem to think he's gone backwards since he left them... He's contracted to Premier League Sunderland and he's joined a Championship team that came closer to promotion last season than Brighton did. Hardly going backwards since leaving the Mighty Seagulls!!"

I know they are thick up north but how did they get closer to promotion than us?

It's well known that they are ****ing idiots. Bless them. They're not a big club anymore.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Buckley will always command a tiny space in my heart for that opening game for us, but for me, that was unfortunately his pinnacle.
I think he may be a good player for them as they compete for a playoff place, but wouldn't want to see him back here if I'm totally honest.
No doubt he'll score against us though.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Educating Yorkshire was at a school in West Yorkshire, not Sheffield, which is in South Yorkshire.

I didn't watch it...Are they not all in Yorkshire? They all tell me they are proud Yorkshiremen when I go there...Not proud South Yorkshiremen

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Never read Owlstalk. It genuinely makes you fearful for the human race. Opposition message boards are generally quite insightful, but not theirs. I've never read such knuckle-dragging opinions in my life. What passes for social commentary or humour is beyond the pale.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Knockaert
March
Skalak
Murphy
Lua lua

Buckley would compete with lua lua at the bottom at best....he's done nothing for years.If a miracle happens and he actually gets some form without being crocked all the time he may be useful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't watch it...Are they not all in Yorkshire? They all tell me they are proud Yorkshiremen when I go there...Not proud South Yorkshiremen

Try telling them that they're no different to Leeds fans. Or rather, don't.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Saw Buckley a few times for Birmingham last year. I live in the area and went with some mates as something to do essentially. He is a shadow of the player he was for us. Unrecognisable as the player who terrorised many a (bad quality) full back.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Never read Owlstalk. It genuinely makes you fearful for the human race. Opposition message boards are generally quite insightful, but not theirs. I've never read such knuckle-dragging opinions in my life. What passes for social commentary or humour is beyond the pale.

I imagine it's what it would be like if the Internet was around back in the 50's. Then I realise it's 2016...at least in this part of the country.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poyet blamed everything but Buckley himself when he lost form or was injured, the pitch was a favourite or growing pains ffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, Kaz is his successor, he still does that now.

Mark Gall would have left Kaz for dead in a 50 metre sprint IMO but I know what you mean.

You have given me an idea for a thread :smile:

albionite

May 20, 2009
"Brighton lol they say buckley is rubbish and they have jamie ward on the bench tin pot, Sh*t club"

Sheffield Wednesday fans not the brightest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here