Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'd prefer it if Everton when down to be honest, but if that doesn't happen then us relegating Leeds?

article-2120272-00EECE9700000191-584_634x436.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To relegate Leeds on the 15th May, Burnley & Everton will need a 4+ point gap on Leeds once fixtures for that day are complete. Sorry to say, but this seems very unlikely.

Burnley & Everton play on the 19th May, that’s a much more likely date to see Leeds mathematically down BUT unfortunately, it probably won’t be 100% on the 15th if or when we stuff them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To relegate Leeds on the 15th May, Burnley & Everton will need a 4+ point gap on Leeds once fixtures for that day are complete. Sorry to say, but this seems very unlikely.
A 3 point gap won't give an R next to them on the table, but everyone would know Leeds had just been relegated, due to their terrible goal difference. It would be enough for us to celebrate that we'd just relegated them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I still think it will go down to the last day but if we do beat them they could well be in the bottom 3 with a mountain to climb on that final day.

It is also likely to be a cardfest with the partisan crowd egging on their bunch of cloggers.

I just think Leeds' recruitment has been poor - replacing White with Koch, also getting a Barca dud in Firpo, Rodrigo has been a flop up front, Struijk poor. Raphinha, however, was a great signing and - like Richarlison - sure to on the phone to his agent as I type.

Completely agree. Without Bamford (who may be back for their game with us) they are pretty toothless up front. Plus, defensively they are all over the place. They make up for it (partially) by doing an awful lot of running around. But now they have Dallas out for a long time, and possibly Cooper as well. They have some tough fixtures....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A 3 point gap won't give an R next to them on the table, but everyone would know Leeds had just been relegated, due to their terrible goal difference. It would be enough for us to celebrate that we'd just relegated them.

The thought of this is so amazing. I going to support Everton & Burnley in their games against our top 10 rivals this weekend!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Completely agree. Without Bamford (who may be back for their game with us) they are pretty toothless up front. Plus, defensively they are all over the place. They make up for it (partially) by doing an awful lot of running around. But now they have Dallas out for a long time, and possibly Cooper as well. They have some tough fixtures....

I think they’ll struggle to win again. Maybe a draw or two. Burnley play Villa twice, I’d wager that they’ll get enough from those fixtures alone to finish above Leeds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The thought of this is so amazing. I going to support Everton & Burnley in their games against our top 10 rivals this weekend!
We can dream right

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My Gooner mate has offered me a free ticket for their game against the European champions on Sunday afternoon.
It's a cheap day out with no stress and the potential to feel a warm glow of smugness inside should the Mighty fail.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
[QuUOTE=Triggaaar;10250470]There are a lot of football clubs in the world. I wouldn't put Leeds among the top group of well supported clubs. They went from 40k fans down to mid twenties when they dropped out of the PL. Hardly world's best.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was talking quite so literally. Just showing appreciation for the fantastic support that the team he is coaching is getting from the fans.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
[QuUOTE=Triggaaar;10250470]There are a lot of football clubs in the world. I wouldn't put Leeds among the top group of well supported clubs. They went from 40k fans down to mid twenties when they dropped out of the PL. Hardly world's best.

I don't think he was talking quite so literally. Just showing appreciation for the fantastic support that the team he is coaching is getting from the fans.[/QUOTE]

A bit like Palace, they can only fill their ground when in the Premier League. Average attendance in the Championship was lower than ours every season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This. They’d be as relegated as we were promoted when we all invaded the pitch at the final whistle of the Wigan game, even though it wasn’t mathematical until Hudds drew a couple of hours later.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
They sing that annoying (and ludicrous) “We are the champions. Champions of Europe” maybe we could sing “You’re in the Championship, playing away at Blackpool”

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Burnley & Everton play on the 19th May, that’s a much more likely date to see Leeds mathematically down BUT unfortunately, it probably won’t be 100% on the 15th if or when we stuff them.

A 3 point gap could be enough, seeing as Leeds have such a bad GD.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd rather Everton went down, but if that is not to be then next up are "Leeds , Leeds, Leeds"
Me too - Leeds staying up increases our chances of finding three teams worse than us next season. I'd hope, of course, that we'd be doing better than relying on three teams being worse than us, but that has got to be the minimum default option if we do need it.

I'd rather the 3 points we take from Leeds (if we do) set us up for a Europa Conference League decider with West Ham! :)

Out if interest, if West Ham win the Europa Conference and are awarded a place in one of the higher level European competitions, will the team in 8th. place qualify for the conference?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I still think it will go down to the last day but if we do beat them they could well be in the bottom 3 with a mountain to climb on that final day.

It is also likely to be a cardfest with the partisan crowd egging on their bunch of cloggers.

I just think Leeds' recruitment has been poor - replacing White with Koch, also getting a Barca dud in Firpo, Rodrigo has been a flop up front, Struijk poor. Raphinha, however, was a great signing and - like Richarlison - sure to on the phone to his agent as I type.

That Rodrigo looks completely gash every time I’ve bothered to watch them.
The most bizarre decision though was to let Ben White go to Brighton on a free, madness in hindsight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Leeds go, no doubt we will HAVE to lend them Ed Turns or one of our U18s to get them back into the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here