Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] will Baldock ever play for the club again ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Rumours, yes. Fanciful and otherwise.

But ... ... ... ... if he's fit enough to be on he bench to come on if somebody is injured, he is fit enough to come on for 10-15 minutes io start working his way back to full match fitness. or are you saying this is not so?

He could use SB if he wanted to but Hughton says has some difficult choices and currently plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 then not that unusual that Knockaert, Izquierdo, Murray, Gross have been ahead of him as choices from the bench.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He could use SB if he wanted to but Hughton says has some difficult choices and currently plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 then not that unusual that Knockaert, Izquierdo, Murray, Gross have been ahead of him as choices from the bench.

All of that is totally fair, we play a formation and a style right now that makes Baldock unplayable. So why is he sitting on the bench wasting a spot when his chances at getting on are at exactly 0? Why do YOU think Sam hasn't had a single minute of football in such a variety of games since being included on the bench? It's all well and good just telling everyone else they are wrong, stick your neck out and tell us why you think he's never getting an opportunity.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So far this season Hemed hasn't done much when coming on for the last 10-15 minutes for Murray, and Murray hasn't done much coming on for the last 10-15 minutes from Hemed. Yesterday was a prime example. So basically, no, that isn't the answer.

Ignore the obvious if you decide to, that is up to you, however it appears that Chris Hughton and my opinions appear similar on this score, hence no game time as of yet. It would really need a change of mindset from CH to get Baldock a proper run in this current team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ignore the obvious if you decide to, that is up to you, however it appears that Chris Hughton and my opinions appear similar on this score, hence no game time as of yet. It would really need a change of mindset from CH to get Baldock a proper run in this current team.

Perhaps CH simply likes a target man in his 11, in a 4-5-1, as he knows othewise we'd be outclassed in PL games with the current deficiencies in our squad. Meaning that either Hemed or Murray always get picked at that striker.

Not a criticism of Baldock, but he cannot do that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Baldrick is clearly on the naughty step

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why would you not leave Hemed or Murray on and bring Baldock on for gross/propper/kayal when you are chasing a game?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Manager does not fancy him.
Heard this from someone that had talked to Baldock at a pre Christmas party.

he may think he is a liability in that he cant even go to the toilet now without getting an injury

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then they would have had to have been remarkably prescient given that he signed his new contract 10 weeks before the window shut.

Not too sure remarkably prescient are the right words.

The club were never going to sign 2 strikers, while most of us knew a long way off the club weren't even going to be able to sign one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Swap deal for Bobby Reid at Bristol City is my guesswork conspiracy speculation.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Gross being pivotal to us getting as many points as we have so far may well keep us up - and also a key reason why Baldock not had a look in yet

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At least three out of the four you named will not be on the bench, often all four of them, so you haven't really addressed the question. Nobody's asking about why CH starts with those players ahead of Baldock.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am not stating that I believe it, but if true it would be rediculous to let personal feelings get in the way of a management decision.
Quite a few times I have been in the position where I have had to get the right man to do a job even if I didn't personally think much of him.
It is ability that counts and getting results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here