Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] will Baldock ever play for the club again ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But surely these teams aren't completely stupid and know the lad's injury record... And will notice he hasn't played?

No. These clubs are blinded by chasing the Premier League light! Some spend very foolishly indeed.

Imagine Massive signing Sam and playing him just behind Rhodes. He’d just need to perform like he did for us last year. That could work like Baldock-Murray. That could be the best strike partnership in the Championship. That could get Massive promoted.

That’ll be £11m (with add-ons) please!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
CH makes like for like substitutions so if we don't start with someone like Baldock - and we can't because we don't have anyone else like him m - He can't come on

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The problem many seem to be ignoring is that SB is really only any good acting as a foil for a fellow striker, and not as a stand alone. All the while Houghton only plays the one up front SB won't get a look in.

Yes, someone needed to say this. CH has said that he doesn't want to change his formation at present

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem many seem to be ignoring is that SB is really only any good acting as a foil for a fellow striker, and not as a stand alone. All the while Houghton only plays the one up front SB won't get a look in.

So far this season Hemed hasn't done much when coming on for the last 10-15 minutes for Murray, and Murray hasn't done much coming on for the last 10-15 minutes from Hemed. Yesterday was a prime example. So basically, no, that isn't the answer.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But surely these teams aren't completely stupid and know the lad's injury record... And will notice he hasn't played?

I agree with this.

I can't believe he will command a huge figure if we are prepared to sell him.

Maybe a loan out to a 'decent' Championship club for the rest of the season to get him up to speed and to see if his injury recovery holds up in competitive football, then revisit the situation at the end of the season.

Of course, any loan will have to depend on us getting suitable attacking options in to cover what we need.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH makes like for like substitutions so if we don't start with someone like Baldock - and we can't because we don't have anyone else like him m - He can't come on

Yes, someone needed to say this. CH has said that he doesn't want to change his formation at present

I agree - but why have him on the bench?

I asked, on the match day thread, what was going on with him based on the same principals of substitution and was told to mind my own business.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t get this ‘get him on the bench to sell him’

I mean who’d take a risk on him with a fee with his recent injury problems. Maybe a lowly placed Championship team but they wouldn’t be paying much.

No, I think we’ll offload him at the end of the season unless he’s happy to sit on his new contract.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I asked, on the match day thread, what was going on with him based on the same principals of substitution and was told to mind my own business.

I think the "mind your own business" goes with every one of your posts because people can't be arsed to keep track of everything you say because of the massive number of posts.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
People wrote off Ashley Barnes saying he wasn't good enough yet he has proved himself in The premiership so I don't see why we are not giving Sam a chance, I was looking forward to seeing him against the big boys this season.

I think I liked us better as a Championship club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here