Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wilfried Zaha

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I understand it’s really not the done thing to say, but I kind of like Zaha! Maybe respect might be a better word! Now he’s left Palace it feels a bit more acceptable to say!

Ridiculously talented player, has worked bloody hard to go from where he grew up to where he is now, is a character, does a lot for the community and he ‘got’ our rivalry.

Enjoyed his goal and reaction last night.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I kind of like Zaha! Maybe respect might be a better word!

I think quite a few people might agree, his decision to turn down two more lucrative deals to sign for Galatasary and play Champions League did earn some praise on here. Galatasary offered 75k a week, Palace 200k and the Saudis even more. Yet he made the sporting choice which is refreshing for a change.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I understand it’s really not the done thing to say, but I kind of like Zaha! Maybe respect might be a better word! Now he’s left Palace it feels a bit more acceptable to say!

Ridiculously talented player, has worked bloody hard to go from where he grew up to where he is now, is a character, does a lot for the community and he ‘got’ our rivalry.

You're right of course. He was a pantomime villain. The only time I genuinely hated him was when he scored twice in the play-off semi but those were the days when it felt we'd never be on top in this rivalry - because even when we finished above them, we didn't.

"it felt we'd never be on top in this rivalry" Silly me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I miss him too, talented player as you say, and to me he was a big player in the Albion/Palarce rivalry.

Not quite the same without him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I miss him too, talented player as you say, and to me he was a big player in the Albion/Palarce rivalry.

Not quite the same without him.
I watched his goal and celebration against Manure and have to reluctantly admit, I really enjoyed it. The sight of him goading all those entitled southerners and Irishmen was exquisite.

I may find my self following the reverse fixture in ‘hell’.

As others have said, he got the rivalry, that’s pretty important.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I watched his goal and celebration against Manure and have to reluctantly admit, I really enjoyed it. The sight of him goading all those entitled southerners and Irishmen was exquisite.

I may find my self following the reverse fixture in ‘hell’.

As others have said, he got the rivalry, that’s pretty important.
Lets face it, if he wore the blue & white stripes, would we have complained?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a **** will always be a **** and is a palace **** - anyone saying otherwise needs to seek help immediately and go and support someone else as you’re not Albion 😁

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LOT????

He is the devil incarnate, a diving, cheating scrote who could never cut the mustard outside of South London. He went to Manchester and failed so badly they sent him to Cardiff, and he was even worse there!
Returned to Palace with his tail between his legs, and continued his mendacious ways, and to give him his due, was a very successful big fish in a small pond. He got a mahoosive contract from Beaky, but, within a year he regretted it, big time as his childhood club wanted to buy him, but Beaky refused to sell for less than 1,000,000,000,0000 pounds ( or something like that).
As an aside, he said in an interview that he stopped supporting Palace and started supporting Arsenal when Ian Wright, Wright ,Wright went there from Palace.
Except, he wasn’t born until 1992 Wrighty left in 1991. Also, his first name is Dazet, not Wilfried.

He has more form for diving than any other player in the history of the game,( this may not be true), there is a reason Palace got 12 penalties in the season before VAR, and only 3 in the first season with VAR.

Don’t lionise him, he is the epitome of an overrated prima Donna.

He’s not even as good as Will Buckley( including his spaghetti hamstrings)

I did enjoy his goal against his former club last night tho.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here