Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wilfried Zaha

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh well played Joel Veltman! I'm assuming he's doing jazz hands and singing ta-da! at Zaha.

The game at the Amex should be an absolute banger!

Yep.

I'm thinking a nice rendition of "Maupay, in the 95th" to the tune of Go West, followed by the de rigueur singing of "he's gonna cry in a minute" from every stand when he inevitably pulls that face.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep.

I'm thinking a nice rendition of "Maupay, in the 95th" to the tune of Go West, followed by the de rigueur singing of "he's gonna cry in a minute" from every stand when he inevitably pulls that face.

I'd love it, absolutely LOVE IT, if we made him do a Harding. I'm not sure if it would be funnier if he was subbed in tears or sent off in tears.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
f0431c2de0fbcb8f42f5114a9beda3ad.jpg

More relevant thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future caption competition photo right there...

JV: Your Majesty, may I introduce... Dwayne Dibley.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Lovely bit of aural colour from Danny Kelly on this:

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1632765600/1632774600/

Around about the 26 minute mark. Moose cuts back the studio after his final update and Kelly says:

"Contrasting emotions at the end there. Maupay is down with the Brighton players, throwing his shirt into the crowd. Wilf Zaha, and I think that you'll know this expression, with that face he puts on when things aren't going his way, stomping off the pitch in his Palace shirt."

Everyone who has ever seen Zaha play can conjure up the exact, lip trembling, pouting facial expression that Kelly is talking about. You've got to hand it to Zaha, he brings all the fun of Seventies ITV Saturday afternoon wrestling to these matches.

I don't suppose he cares what a ridiculous figure he is to us and fans of most other clubs, but it's fun all the same.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't think he looks very well. If you didn't know who he was you might wonder if he's off to a remake of the Thriller video or has an addiction.

He's nowhere near the player he was but he still can't master emotional maturity.

The penny may have dropped finally. He knows he'll never get approached by a bigger and better club. The 'Dros went to Everton because a former manager liked working with him. Dibley's only hope is the Paddy V goes up The Arse and does likewise.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No need to run to the Albion fans - have that you vermin 2010 created palace cccccuuuuunnnnnnntttttt :lol: :ffsparr:

I normally enjoy your anti Palace posts, however on this occasion I totally get why he celebrated in front of us, we sing how we want him dead, he scores, runs over to rub our nose in it and we moan, sorry but can't have it always.
Very pantomime villain.
Like a few others have said he totally gets the rivalry which is the only thing I like about him.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Absolutely isn’t he’s an oddball it seems - look at all the weird social media stuff and his ‘friends’ etc etc - lots of evidence he’s arrogant etc…

The fact he ran at our fans rather than celebrate (a ****ing pen too not that hard to score eh) shows what a cock he is. So so so so glad Maupay scored and did the same - Zaha is a pure **** and always will be. Scum.

I dunno, aside from social media he does shit loads with social projects in the community, has his own foundation based in the Ivory Coast, etc. Oddball or not, he doesn't seem such a bad guy off the pitch to me, if you take your blue and white specs off and the fact he's a Palace fan who revels in scoring against us/winding us up etc - just like we would the other way round if we got the chance

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would too but I’d hunt down ALB 10 N as the plate and pay whatever it took. If I could afford the car I could probably afford the plate

Just checked that plate on DVLA history as I was sure it would be on a WBA or BHA fans car but nope it’s on a crappy Astra van with an MOT that expired in 2006 :down:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Blimey, whoever's got that rotting away in a garage or barn is sitting on a four - if not a five - figure sum! And they couls still keep the clapped out Astravan!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Zaha is fantastic i think. I love the Zaha/Dunk backstory to the Derby. We hate him, they hate Dunk
Only one will get the last laugh each game.

Fantastic rivalry and hope we get a few more years out of it now he's probably past his peak

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Zaha certainly gets very very excited about playing us- no doubt about that. I think it means more to him than anything else.

So he must feel like a complete **** for not bothering to make any sort of challenge to stop veltmans through ball. Even the slightest bit of effort to challenge stops that goal.

What a lazy prick. He must be absolute devastated. Lost his team his cup final victory.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The penny may have dropped finally. He knows he'll never get approached by a bigger and better club. The 'Dros went to Everton because a former manager liked working with him. Dibley's only hope is the Paddy V goes up The Arse and does likewise.

Roy to Spuds - you heard it here first...

...and last.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Zaha certainly gets very very excited about playing us- no doubt about that. I think it means more to him than anything else.

So he must feel like a complete **** for not bothering to make any sort of challenge to stop veltmans through ball. Even the slightest bit of effort to challenge stops that goal.

What a lazy prick. He must be absolute devastated. Lost his team his cup final victory.

God I love Veltman. He's so good at dealing with nuisance players like Grealish and Zaha.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yep. We said this at the time. If Zaha so much as lifts a leg towards Veltman, to either get a first touch on the ball, or block Veltman's return, or even just to foul him - Palace win the game.

What a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here