Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why shouldn't I vote for the Tories?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Don`t vote Tory...If you want country to spend money it hasn`t got increase defecit and end up in the s--t like Greece....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I once worked with a woman who voted for John Major because he looked like her brother in law, II'm all for democracy, but some people shouldn't be allowed to vote
Worrying, isn't it? What's more worrying is that she, and other men and women like her, are as likely to be called for jury service as anyone else on the electoral register.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Worrying, isn't it? What's more worrying is that she, and other men and women like her, are as likely to be called for jury service as anyone else on the electoral register.

I was on Jury service many years back..couldn`t get majority required...Woman changed her mind as had to get home by certain time(not exactly what she said but she had been wanting to change other people to her way of thinking as she had to get home but failing to do so suddenly changed her mind)...More worrying !!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is a really good service by Google which uses public data to make customised graphs for a good overview of how world economies are doing. Whatever way you look at it, France's economy has done better than Britain's since 2008, including since Hollande:

https://www.google.co.uk/publicdata...DEU:GRC&ifdim=region&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

Now here's a funny thing, I reckon that Google site is wrong because taken from the World Bank's own website (and corroborated by Titanic's post) you get this for GDP growth:

99jf37.jpg

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.KD.ZG/countries/FR-GB?display=graph

Given that the Google Data only goes up to 2013 I reckon they're using out-of-date provisional figures.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I won't go on as this is my first post and isn't going to hold any weight round here, but in the same vein, I work as a carer and see how this government has had a detrimental effect on the disabled day in day out. Financially, social schemes, colleges having to close whole support departments for disabled students because they can't afford to run them anymore... I often work with young people who have their whole lives ahead of them getting low and depressed due to the support they need disintegrating under their feet.

I don't have a good way to say this without getting emotional, not a good idea for a first post, but I'll say this: If anyone is unsure who to vote for, or blindly vote tory becuse of family or whatever, come work my job for a day and see how you feel after you speak to some of the people that have had their lives negatively impacted by this lot and then see how you feel. OP, you ask why shouldn't you vote for the tories? Because you're better than that, we as a society are better than that. This current group of tories are nasty and thoughtless. They hide behind words like "targetting" and "refining" to cut benefits and social schemes that helped some of the worse off people, with the least oppurtunities in society all the while justifying it to the public with hate tactics, pinpointing the "work shy". They should be ashamed.

Your first post does hold some weight because you have a valid and worthwhile opinion.... and I am not just saying that because I agree with you.

But welcome, and please post more often!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
F

Sorry about your sons predicament. I have no idea of the position you list, whether it's a true reflection of the facts or not, it's nothing I know anything about. Your post is however is light on facts and full of emotive language (possibly understandable) so says very little of any real meaning other than anti-tory prejudice, so I will ignore the post as adding nothing to the argument.

What an amazingly dismissive and patronising post.

The third and fourth paragraphs might exhibit some prejudice, but surely it doesn't take too much intelligence that the first two paragraphs are making a valid point. Remploy was closed down for financial reasons, because it was too expensive, and tough for all the vulnerable - often very vulnerable - people who were enabled to do something useful and be given some purpose in their life through it. Closing it down exhibited a total lack of consideration for large numbers of people, many of whom, because their problems could have been educational difficulties or mental health problems, would just not comprehend what was being done to them.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
.Presumably, according to your thinking, those who don't vote for theTories are 'better' than those who do.
A sweeping assumption, maybe?Tories eat children and old people,whilst Labour loves everybody.........unless you are a 'Toff'.
Anyway,welcome to NSC.

Interesting.

I think perhaps you were being a tongue in cheek. But it is an interesting question.
Do left wing voters have 'higher' moral standards according to the society they live in than right wing voters?

I think they probably have more empathy, as left wing politics is in general about more rights for society, i.e. for all.
Whereas in general right wing politics is about more rights for the individual, i.e. for the self.

If this is a standard, perhaps by this measure, left wing voters are 'better' than right wing?

Dandyman

In London village.
The Labour Party launched an attack on the chief executive of high street chemists Boots today. after he claimed it would be a 'catastrophe' if Ed Miliband became Prime Minister.
Stefano Pessina said the Labour leader's plans were 'not helpful for business, not helpful for the country and in the end it probably won't be helpful for them'. Another reason not to vote Milliband

Another reason for calling time on tax dodging parasistes.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
If the red Ed's get in to power my house will be put on the market and I'll be on the first plane out of here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

If you are worried about your own finances vote Tory, if you worry about the old, the infirm,disabled or famillies stuck in wage slavery vote Labour or Libdem.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the red Ed's get in to power my house will be put on the market and I'll be on the first plane out of here.

Hilarious ! You are Phil Collins and I claim my £5.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
image.jpg

My adult life began i guess in 1995 when I left school. Things seemed to be good at the time, I remember my parents seemed fairly well off, not rich but not poor. Then Labour won the election in '97 and led us to an illigal war in Iraq and a few years later the financial crisis hit, it basically ruined my life. Now, things seem better? Wages going up (not mine) unemployment low, the economy growing? I'm not pretending to know too much about politics but can't see how voting against the Tories will solve anything?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This ought to be interesting. You'll leave if Labour win power and [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] has said he'll leave if the Tories win power ..... one of you is clearly out of here .... unless one or both of you are lying ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
If you are worried about your own finances vote Tory, if you worry about the old, the infirm,disabled or famillies stuck in wage slavery vote Labour or Libdem.

This wage slavery point, why is it going to change under Labour or the Lib Dems?

Neither have any credible policy to control the UK's labour market, despite overwhelming evidence that there is high levels of surplus labour/employment and historically low levels of pay. Until this dynamic is dealt with politicians are pissing in the wind, albeit they won't because the employers are the ones pulling their strings.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jun/12/workers-deepest-cuts-real-wages-ifs

For the record the Tories are not going to deal with the problem either, they have always been in bed with big business capitalists.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This ought to be interesting. You'll leave if Labour win power and [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] has said he'll leave if the Tories win power ..... one of you is clearly out of here .... unless one or both of you are lying ?

Either way surely the government should be warned of a mass exodus ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Bon Voyage...... possibly...... then again, maybe not. We need to bounce this mid may to see how you and/or Nibble are doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here