Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is there only one funny female comedian in the world?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
is it possible that women are funnier to womens and men are funnier to mens, in general if not always? Mixed in with that a general sense that men are mostly all failed comedians and therefore cast a vicious sexist eye over their female superiors and victors. Maybe it's because we as men tend to not want to listen to women, whether they're being hilarious or not, when we can't put our hands on them or they're not promising to strip with their eyes.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
is it possible that women are funnier to womens and men are funnier to mens, in general if not always? Mixed in with that a general sense that men are mostly all failed comedians and therefore cast a vicious sexist eye over their female superiors and victors. Maybe it's because we as men tend to not want to listen to women, whether they're being hilarious or not, when we can't put our hands on them or they're not promising to strip with their eyes.

This could all well be contributing factors.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't get the whole Sarah Silverman thing.

It seems to just consist of her saying stuff like:

My Dad raped an African baby with aids last week, then killed that baby before selling the baby to a paedophile for him to play with.

How is that funny?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't get the whole Sarah Silverman thing.

It seems to just consist of her saying stuff like:

My Dad raped an African baby with aids last week, then killed that baby before selling the baby to a paedophile for him to play with.

How is that funny?

Don't worry, I've already conceded to that, hence there are now no longer ANY funny female stand-ups in the world.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Is Nibble the username of Jeremy Clarkson.I feel that can be the only explanation for this smug dull attention seeking misogynistic vomit. Unless of course it's Jim Davidson attempting payback for his recent troubles

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'd love to see all the posters on here claiming that female stand-ups are as funny as male stand-ups, have a peruse through their DVD collection and kindly inform me how many female stand-up acts they have in their DVD collection (compared to male stand ups).

I'll be waiting here on the edge of my seat......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe so in the world of stand up, but there's plenty of funny women working on the telebox / on stage (depending on your soh of course)

Victoria Wood
Kathy Burke
Dawn French
Miranda Hart
Jo Brand
Helen Atkinson Wood
Catherine Tate
Sandi Toksvig
Anna Crilly

REALLY ? SERIOUSLY ? There's really someone out there that finds this talentless bint funny ? No, sorry - just can't be true !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Is Nibble the username of Jeremy Clarkson.I feel that can be the only explanation for this smug dull attention seeking misogynistic vomit. Unless of course it's Jim Davidson attempting payback for his recent troubles

If you genuinely believe it to be misogynistic then you have failed to grasp what I am saying. I have read female stand up cpmedians pondering the exact same question as I have posed, albeit I put it in a bit of a sarcy way, the kernal of my question is valid. There are female comedians who acknowledge men are far better received than females, almnost wholly when it comes to stand-up. It's what prompted by curiosity. I will try and find the article again.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

I think you may have taken this thread a little too literally.

Out of interest, feel free to list all your female stand-up comedian DVDs....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Here is a link to an article, by a woman which perhaps give a more balanced view of the question of why women aren't as funny as men.

STREET CARNAGE T FUNNY

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
If you genuinely believe it to be misogynistic then you have failed to grasp what I am saying. I have read female stand up cpmedians pondering the exact same question as I have posed, albeit I put it in a bit of a sarcy way, the kernal of my question is valid. There are female comedians who acknowledge men are far better received than females, almnost wholly when it comes to stand-up. It's what prompted by curiosity. I will try and find the article again.

Of course you are . You try to dress it up as irony, but it is threaded through your posts like Brighton in a stick of rock.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Of course you are . You try to dress it up as irony, but it is threaded through your posts like Brighton in a stick of rock.

No, I may not have explained myself that well but I am no misogynist. Instead of just the usual knee jerk reaction of accusing me of being sexist etc, think seriously about what you are being presented with. Yes,my thread title is not the best but my premise is fairly basic. If you have a moment have a read of the article I posted, only one person's opinion but one I happen to agree with. Have a read, you might be surprised.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
No, I may not have explained myself that well but I am no misogynist. Instead of just the usual knee jerk reaction of accusing me of being sexist etc, think seriously about what you are being presented with. Yes,my thread title is not the best but my premise is fairly basic. If you have a moment have a read of the article I posted, only one person's opinion but one I happen to agree with. Have a read, you might be surprised.

Your link sets off my antivirus software.

Anyway here is a statement i agree with;

There are more male comedians than female comedians and male comedians tend to be funnier than their female counterparts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shazia Mirza:

Being a stand-up requires Herculean levels of bravery, but being a Muslim comic, in a hijab, opening your post 9/11 sets with 'my name's Shazia Mirza, at least that's what it says on my pilot's license' is pretty much off the chart.

And she's fit too. WOULD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here