Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is there only one funny female comedian in the world?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As is always the case with these threads, comedy is always such a personal thing.

Female comedians, hmm, quite a few I don't like, but I could say the same about male comedians. Hasn't been around much for a while, but Victoria Wood always makes me laugh.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
How many genuine funny women do you know in real life ? I know a couple that have the odd sharp witty reply but mostly women are about what they look like .

This made me chuckle. Probably because there is a lot of truth in it from a male perspective and it is what women are so desperate to get away from.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
..to standup that is unfunny - female, old, young, male, black, white, whatever - gets booked for paid / profile work.

..mmm I seen quite a few die on their feet.

Worst thing about stand up for the audience ? Go to a club a few weeks later, watch the same comedian do exactly the same act.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Most live club material is not suited to the mainstream, male or female.

Again - have to disagree, a lot of "bad" stand ups are simply "lite" versions of other comedians who have broken through. I find Mcintyre unfunny because the seen that "act" countless times by a variety of comedians.

I be careful to fall into the trap of suggesting you are the comedy expert - because you are a comedian. Somewhat undermines your argument that it's all about the audience !

Second worse thing about stand up ? Other comedians in the audience laughing loudly in support when no one else is !

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I wish Sarah Millican would just f*** OFF, used to enjoy watching the One Show, but she's just shitting on it.
Her Voice makes me want to hit something and her jokes makes me want to kick something. :facepalm:

f*** OFF. :rant:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My girlfriend's a bit timid and trainedly polite, but when she gets bitchy and a bit of the real her comes out she becomes rather funny. Sometimes i have to provoke into mild rage to get her funny bones working. I tend to be able to do that quite easily, so it generally works out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here