Why is Brighton such a shithole?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 25, 2003
seeing as you live in the glorious surroundings of SE25 i can see how you see the city of brighton & hove as a shit hole

then again, you would've been able to prove your theories on sunday when you watched your team play against your rivals, didn't you see any of it then?

oh wait....

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
tommy boy said:
seeing as you live in the glorious surroundings of SE25 i can see how you see the city of brighton & hove as a shit hole

then again, you would've been able to prove your theories on sunday when you watched your team play against your rivals, didn't you see any of it then?

oh wait....

Ah you see you've totally missed the point of the thread title. I used it to grab your attention (bait) and it worked a treat. As you pikeys seem so bothered about where people live, I knew this would hit a nerve with most of you.

1066gull

Would you prefer to live in the South East of London or the beautiful AONB that is Sussex?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
eagleseatseagulls said:
I used it to grab your attention (bait)

The stuff you served up is called shit. Now this is real bait!

THE BAITS
We found that the king rag on it's own produced fewer bites, but by bulking up with lug and tipping off with the king rag on the first mark encouraged more bites, especially from the whiting.

A favoured local bait is frozen black lug with two or three fresh blow lug added for fresh scent. A standard bait package throughout the UK. This caught two of the codling closer in.
The bulk of the fish came to the fresh blow lug packed onto the pennel rigs to make a bait between 6-8ins long. The shore crabs had started to move out when we were there and our baits lasted fully 15 minutes between casts without disappearing. But in the early autumn period the crabs can strip a cod bait bare here in a couple of minutes which means you can get through a mountain of bait very quickly.

We also learnt, as expected, that mussel is a superb bait right throughout the winter, with peeler crab very effective during the early autumn spell before the crabs move offshore
The tackle shops stock bait, but obviously you'll be wise to order it well before hand. We were unsure and took the safety option by ordering our bait from John Metcalfe in Essex and had it sent by carrier.

1066gull

33057 Seagull said:
Bait? :lolol:

Not one person has responded other than correctly point out that compared to Brighton, Croydon is probably the most shittiest town in the country, although in truth probably second to Barrow in Furness.

No, I swear it is Hull.

sneakychef

Oct 28, 2004
Stroud Green
1066Seagull said:
No, I swear it is Hull.

I've just got back from Hull, you are so right.

As my friend so correctly stated, "Only in Hull can a man kick a dog in the face and no-one in the street bat an eye-lid"

The incident was hilarious, unfortunately the night out wasn't when they charged ridiculous prices for drinks. But I suppose when demand is so high -and surely the only relief from living in Hull is booze- you are going to have to pay the price.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
eagleseatseagulls said:
Ah you see you've totally missed the point of the thread title. I used it to grab your attention (bait) and it worked a treat. As you pikeys seem so bothered about where people live, I knew this would hit a nerve with most of you.

You are getting confused now, gimp boy. We are not the pikeys, you lot are. Those brain cells really are going into overdrive, aren't they?

You seem quite concerned about where you live when we mention the caravans. In fact, I doubt if you have ever been to Croydon, imagine not knowing that there is a Caravan Club site right in the middle of the tip that Palace call home?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
eagleseatseagulls said:

You could try this list. It officially makes Croydump a "crappier town" than Brighton.

Another league that you are higher than us in - and you are welcome to it!

Crap Town

nobody's dupe said:
The stuff you served up is called shit. Now this is real bait!

THE BAITS
We found that the king rag on it's own produced fewer bites, but by bulking up with lug and tipping off with the king rag on the first mark encouraged more bites, especially from the whiting.

A favoured local bait is frozen black lug with two or three fresh blow lug added for fresh scent. A standard bait package throughout the UK. This caught two of the codling closer in.
The bulk of the fish came to the fresh blow lug packed onto the pennel rigs to make a bait between 6-8ins long. The shore crabs had started to move out when we were there and our baits lasted fully 15 minutes between casts without disappearing. But in the early autumn period the crabs can strip a cod bait bare here in a couple of minutes which means you can get through a mountain of bait very quickly.

We also learnt, as expected, that mussel is a superb bait right throughout the winter, with peeler crab very effective during the early autumn spell before the crabs move offshore
The tackle shops stock bait, but obviously you'll be wise to order it well before hand. We were unsure and took the safety option by ordering our bait from John Metcalfe in Essex and had it sent by carrier.

That you bothered to go through all that fishing analogy is...... well, it is sad. I much preferred Eric Cantona's about the Seagulls and the sardines.

oh, and I preferred his kung fu as well :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports