Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why has RDZ not signed a new contract yet?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Man U, Chelsea and Spurs have all taken recent punts on managers with little in the bank.
ETH got to a CL semi and cleaned up with Ajax.

He was one of the most wanted managers in Europe

Seems he had a bit of the potters about him, Ajax system made him better than he is.

His talent ID is trash.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Man U, Chelsea and Spurs have all taken recent punts on managers with little in the bank.
Elite clubs I generally define as those that win trophies & with a solid established set up - which pretty much rules out 2 of those clubs, and the third is rapidly heading in that direction

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ETH got to a CL semi and cleaned up with Ajax.

He was one of the most wanted managers in Europe

Seems he had a bit of the potters about him, Ajax system made him better than he is.

His talent ID is trash.
They took on OGS and that Ralf bloke before him as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Elite clubs I generally define as those that win trophies & with a solid established set up - which pretty much rules out 2 of those clubs, and the third is rapidly heading in that direction
So in the UK you mean just Man City and possibly Liverpool then?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't imagine the recruitment team haven't spoken to RDZ about it, he might not like it, but in the bigger picture it's the best way to go.
Yeah i don't doubt that at all.

But he, like many of us, saw this season as an opportunity to do something truly historic.
That opportunity may not present itself again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You said 4 or 5 in the UK though. Who are the others you deem elite?
I’d probably have said those 3 and Chelsea just about. Utd & Spurs I’d group together now as outsiders

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I get confused (I haven't read the Athletic piece)... there's an embargoed section of the press conference, but then Andy Naylor can publish it? How does that work then, do they pay the club 🤔🤔
The press conference is formed of two parts, with the second part being for written media. The stuff from this section is embargoed until a later day/time.

I guess it harks back to the days of printed press where, if TV/radio were able to tell all, then the press would have nothing new to share by the time newspapers hit the shops.

These days, written media is largely online and, again, stuff from this section of the press conference is not revealed by anyone until the following morning.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We tried to sign a quality midfielder but promotion chasing Leicester rightly put a big price tag on him to protect their interests. Away from that we simply do not pay the sort of money to buy ready made Caicedo or Macallister replacements and the day we do we break out model and immediately they will be used as a benchmark with any future negotiations we enter.

RDZ is frustrated, we are frustrated and Bloom and Barber will be equally so but as other have said it was a very quiet window so we are not alone in that regard. I still think we have a good enough squad to do great things this season but not one that can do that across 3 competitions which will frustrate RDZ but perhaps we need to start thinking about which basket we are going to put our eggs in for the remainder of the season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d probably have said those 3 and Chelsea just about. Utd & Spurs I’d group together now as outsiders
I understand. Whilst I wouldn’t necessarily call them all elite I’d say Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Man U, Spurs and Chelsea are all head-turners for a manager like RDZ, I’d say the last 4 are also quite realistic if the circumstances and timing was right, or wrong depending on how you view it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah i don't doubt that at all.

But he, like many of us, saw this season as an opportunity to do something truly historic.
That opportunity may not present itself again.
Wouldn't be so sure.

Next couple of years are going to be interesting as managers leave and FFP bites

Who would have thought 5 years ago Chelsea would be a mid table team and Everton on the verge of going under?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn't be so sure.

Next couple of years are going to be interesting as managers leave and FFP bites

Who would have thought 5 years ago Chelsea would be a mid table team and Everton on the verge of going under?
Agreed - I think Bloom has been very smart, made some big money for player sales and like KDH, perhaps waiting for others to be in a bit of trouble to pick up some ‘bargains’

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed - I think Bloom has been very smart, made some big money for player sales and like KDH, perhaps waiting for others to be in a bit of trouble to pick up some ‘bargains’

Well run clubs are going to start being rewarded

Daily mail isn't my go to, but this was shared this morning

Looks like they tried to game the system and failed

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would question his management at times. If he knew that Facundo cannot play 2 games on the trot then why play him? He has options, they may not be the ones he would ideally like, but it's not like he doesn't have any. Why freeze out Dahoud? As a supposedly top level coach you should be able to coach him to play closer to the way that you want, not write him off so quickly. Is he doing the same with Baleba? I certainly hope not. What would have happened if he had broken Wee Billy during the summer?
Having high standards and expectations is great but you also have to be pragmatic.
"Nothing can satisfy me, so it’s not my problem". Actually, I think it is your problem so own it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0517.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Having just read all 8 pages it’s clear him being here next season is very much a mixed bag

However Shirley on today of all days the most salient question is whether RDZ has got it in himself to nut Roy if the situation requires, despite the pleasantries at the presser?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here