Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why fewer bums on seats at PL games?

Why are there fewer people in grounds?

• Covid Concerns

Votes: 104 63.0%
  • Covid Restrictions

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Price

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • Out of the habit

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I live in Liverpool and virtually every person I know either borrows a ST or lends a ST to go to the game. A couple of seasons ago I was desperate to go and went in the Kop (when Dunk scored). The actual physical season ticket I used belonged to a friend of a friend. I gave my mate £30.

Indeed. I was searched and checked upon entry for the obvious. What I don't get is that, once that is done and it has been
ascertained that I have no booze or anything else dodgy on me, what is there to be afraid of? What is it the Albion is afraid
of by making people jump through the hoops? Loss of revenue because people aren't buying tickets? Well, they're probably losing
more money on people getting hacked off and buggering off to non-league football.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
If you buy a season ticket in Zone A it's less than £30 a game (£28.68) at the Amex. A ticket for the same Zone for Norwich is £30. I personally think, for Premier League football, that's pretty reasonable. Where it is not reasonable is when that same seat is £45 for Spurs.

However, I think what is clear is that there are a startling number of seats that have become available on the ticket exchange. Currently looks like over 1,000 tickets available for a "sold-out" match the day before. That's why seats are empty on match days.

If the club want to fill those seats, they probably need to rethink the scheme.
Just lower the prices.simple

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I assume you mean that professional happy-clapper, chaileyjem? Nice enough bloke I'm sure, but when it comes to issues with the way the club works I don't even read what he says these days.

Yes I know you can.

I really don't know why we are expected to pay a £20 fee, and provide war and peace - but in the end it's driving people away. I know this because it has driven me away and I'm not the only one. The bloke I was referring to has 3 STs and is considering binning them off.

My understanding of the Palace rules is that they have no official season ticket swap system, so fans just bend the rules and screenshot the QR code or whatever and the club turn a blind eye.

The fact that the Albion have created a scheme that allows sharing of tickets by official means doesn't mean that you can't continue to bend the rules like we have been for the past 11 seasons if that's what you want. It's not as if anyone checks names on tickets.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Just lower the prices.simple

How would that lower the amount of returned, already paid for, tickets? There are over 1,000 seats that were bought for around £30 each (as a pro-rata ST cost) that fans have decided to return. How would lowering those prices encourage them to attend? They've already paid for them at a third off the general sale rate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My understanding of the Palace rules is that they have no official season ticket swap system, so fans just bend the rules and screenshot the QR code or whatever and the club turn a blind eye.

The fact that the Albion have created a scheme that allows sharing of tickets by official means doesn't mean that you can't continue to bend the rules like we have been for the past 11 seasons if that's what you want. It's not as if anyone checks names on tickets.

I'm pretty sure that it has been made very clear that this wouldn't be tolerated, to be fair.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
How would that lower the amount of returned, already paid for, tickets? There are over 1,000 seats that were bought for around £30 each (as a pro-rata ST cost) that fans have decided to return. How would lowering those prices encourage them to attend? They've already paid for them at a third off the general sale rate.
I meant lower the ordinary match day prices

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Season Ticket Sharing: the topic that refuses to die.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure that it has been made very clear that this wouldn't be tolerated, to be fair.

It may not be tolerated but it is what most round us now do when cant attend. Would not of course dream of doing it myself

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting.

We've been told in similar threads that the Albion absolutely must have the information on who attends for security and safety reasons.

And yet for most matches this season us STHs have been able to buy 2 x guest tickets where no name is needed (as the tickets have the STH name printed on).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don’t know how it works at Brighton but I get my ticket and barcode sent to my phone, if I can’t go and someone wants it I just take a photo of the barcode and send it to whoever wants it, they then just scan the barcode into the reader and hey presto they can go in….can’t you just do that ?

Tickets for each game appear in my 'Apple Wallet'. There is no QR code that can be sent to anyone else. If I don't use it (and I have just had an operation, so won't be using it tomorrow) it goes unused.

In previous times I may have ignored advice and struggled to the match tomorrow. As it is, I am delighted to have an excuse (I still feel I need one) not to go.

I'll be at the Dripping Pan on Saturday and next Tuesday though. Really looking forward to these.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t know how it works at Brighton but I get my ticket and barcode sent to my phone, if I can’t go and someone wants it I just take a photo of the barcode and send it to whoever wants it, they then just scan the barcode into the reader and hey presto they can go in….can’t you just do that ?

I believe you can, as the two who sit next to me tried taking photos of one another's tickets to see if it would work. (Not that I would)
I believe you can also have a single friend who 'shares' the ticket, assign it to them and then send the print at home e-mail to whoever you want. (Again, not that I would).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The two seats next to me in the North appeared to go unsold on the ticket exchange for the Liverpool game. Assuming it was nothing personal, I found that quite surprising

Do you know for sure that they put them on the exchange? Loads don't bother, as on many occasions this season it has been a fruitless thing to do.

My Liverpool ticket sold within an hour of me putting it on.

EDIT: Stop Press - my Spurs ticket has now sold too. :D

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
There will be loads of empty seats again as the ticket scheme is crap.Simple fix bring back cards .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you know for sure that they put them on the exchange? Loads don't bother, as on many occasions this season it has been a fruitless thing to do.

My Liverpool ticket sold within an hour of me putting it on.

EDIT: Stop Press - my Spurs ticket has now sold too. :D

Well they usually do. Their seats were filled for Villa match for example. Would have have thought the Liverpool match was a no-brainer to put on exchange

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
s
I'm sure that I read that Manchester United are encouraging fans to share their tickets with friends and family if they can't go. Presumably to fill the stand and sell more overpriced tat.

This is a much more sensible approach. Especially as the cost of living goes through the roof, BHA should encourage family and friends to share a ST.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We must have the most prepared-against-terrorism stadium.

Well done to the club's Security Committee, a great job done by all.

Have you been blown up by a terrorist whilst watching the Albion? Exactly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tickets for each game appear in my 'Apple Wallet'. There is no QR code that can be sent to anyone else.

There is a QR code; if I press the three dots in the top right corner a different page reveals itself and the QR code is at the bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here