Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why dont they let it lie ?- press conference boo reference

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Does anyone know the name of the first journalist to ask questions? What a tool he was. No wonder managers give anodyne answers.

i listen to the majority of the press confrences, he seemed to me to be new, as did the last one (i think the last). Perhaps, as we seem to be showing last years finish was no flash in the pan, some of the other media are starting sending people to attend, rather than just picking bits up off of the press release or video streams. They did seem to be asking stuff asked and answered loads of times previously (succession planning for example)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we are going to make a signing before the window closes I think we should bring in Sean Dyche to do the press conferences

Proper good Brighton left field signing, just don't let him near the team, with Gordon Strachan as 'director of press conferences' :thumbsup:

Let's face it, if GP has a weakness, it's fairly obvious :wink:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It is a bit weird and annoying. Especially when it's way more noticeable and common at other clubs. I think which ever poster said it's because we're pretty boring from a news standpoint has got it right.

They should probably let it lie now though. It wasn't particularly relevant then and it's completely irrelevant now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. It is the most astonishingly overblown story considering the tiny amount of fans that booed. Unfortunately, GP didn't play it down or provide the context that the vast majority were well onside with what he was trying to do - which has rather backfired. The booing certainly must have been a lot louder around the press box than in the WSU as it was barely noticeable at the time. Just seemed like a few of our more fickle 'supporters' having a bit of a grumble before disappearing off, probably never to be seen at the Amex again.

Agreed. What often gets forgotten or deliberately ignored is the context - it wasn't booing that game, or the failures to score on that day, it was booing the 9th game without a win, the over two months without an open play goal at the amex (scored by us). There aren't many clubs that would see their team fail to win 9 games in a row (including two games against opponents who at the time we played them were winless and bottom of the table) and not have at least a small section of the fan base boo a bit. That same weekend, the Everton fans were booing a 7th game without a win, and that is all but forgotten.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[MENTION=35904]A1X[/MENTION] spent like two years pushing the agenda that GP is always attacking the Brighton fans based on a comment he made about "some fans expect us to win every game"... don't see why media would be less obsessive or hungry for drama and conflict.

Huge fan of you whinging about obsession by tagging me in a thread I haven’t even posted in.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Plenty of booing at Selhurst Park last night on the final whistle (I caught the last 5 minutes on TV). Not heard it mentioned by media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Huge fan of you whinging about obsession by tagging me in a thread I haven’t even posted in.
I can't believe it's a thread about a press conference and he hasn't slagged off journalists (again)!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here