Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone hate the Argus?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Er...hold on, there's a lot of presumption going on here about what did or didn't happen - who knows what anyone laid themselves open to at this stage?

On the basis of what you've just said, presumably in the window yesterday between the Argus publishing the names of those arrested and Tommy Elphick being cleared you were unhappy with how he'd 'allowed himself to get dragged into this'...

Possibly, yes. The Police would have had some reason to have questioned him, whether that was due to the victim or the fact they may all hang out together, I don't know. He has been very quickly cleared. The other five may all be innocent, and I hope they are, but there will be a reason they were identified and questioned.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Possibly, yes. The Police would have had some reason to have questioned him, whether that was due to the victim or the fact they may all hang out together, I don't know. He has been very quickly cleared. The other five may all be innocent, and I hope they are, but there will be a reason they were identified and questioned.

So my point is there are too many ifs, buts and maybes at this stage to allow us to draw any appropriate conclusions on what did or didn't happen - there's a police investigation ongoing to try and achieve that. And while I share your disquiet at our football club's name being linked with something like this (makes me sick to the stomach frankly), I can't form any view if the responsibility for that lies with those who are currently being investigated or not, however irresistible it is to try and guess at what could have occurred.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I worked for the Argus in the early 60s. John Vinicombe wrote about the Albion and the pink result paper Saturday evenings...would avidly scan results,study the league,there was so much in it...now I buy the Argus ,just read about the Albion and give the paper away to members in the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here