Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do humans love cats so much?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....... and remember this they are thinking of re-introducing wolves into the country and theres already wild boar about in the Hampshire now let them get a hold and it will not only be the cats that are smug

OK, fair enough. Given the choice I'd rather have cats in my garden. At least they're easier and safer to chase ......

Did you know there are also some idiots who want to introduce bears to the highlands of Scotland?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I imagine part of the attraction is that they never sh*t in their own back yard! :annoyed:

Indeed - all the cats round here appear to have adopted our front garden as their convenience of choice. I am taking increasingly more extreme measures to stop this and anticipate a serious breakdown of neighbourly relationships in the near future when we have our first pussy mortality.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Indeed - all the cats round here appear to have adopted our front garden as their convenience of choice. I am taking increasingly more extreme measures to stop this and anticipate a serious breakdown of neighbourly relationships in the near future when we have our first pussy mortality.

ROAR dried lions shite, you can get it from most garden centres ...............it works

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Killing a cat could haul you up in court. I would seek a less confrontational solution rather than opting for animal cruelty.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My neighbours cat got run over recently. As this was reported to me my poker face came in useful as the knowledge it won't be taking an Isle of Wight in my garden filled me with joy.

As the old joke goes, I'm sure someone swerved to hit it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
most people who don't like cats have never had one......like dogs they are as much of a nuisance as their owners allow them to be , ours are kept indoors at night so they are not rampaging around shitting everywhere and fighting with neighbouring cats and killing anything that moves, irresponsible cat owners give me the pip as do irresponsible dog owners.

Cats shit and kill during the day too :thumbsup:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
My neighbours cat got run over recently. As this was reported to me my poker face came in useful as the knowledge it won't be taking an Isle of Wight in my garden filled me with joy.

As the old joke goes, I'm sure someone swerved to hit it.

You don't choose to be born a cat Piggle. I wonder how good a poker face your neighbour would have pulled if a member of your family (who were born humans I'm presuming) got run over and killed, maybe he'd have sniggered a tiny bit when he turned away....maybe.
:wink:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
just like any other animal then aren't they....the point of keeping them in at night is to stop them mauling the local , nocturnal fauna....other than that your comment is bang on......:thumbsup:

*******s almost wiped out our New Holland Honeyeaters population until a combination of gun and dog reduced the cat population in the backyard.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
*******s almost wiped out our New Holland Honeyeaters population until a combination of gun and dog reduced the cat population in the backyard.

they would be feral cats no....?? as a cat owner my cats (2) are chipped , wear a bell to warn other animals they are around and a name tag with their address and tel.no on so if they are pissing people off they can contact us....i accept your right to control cats in your garden but if people were a bit more responsible the problems would be far fewer........we used to have other peoples cats coming and calling our cats out at 3 or 4 a.m..............it didn't go on too long...:hilton: cats can actually be conditioned to stay indoors all the time but then some would say that is cruel.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
they would be feral cats no....?? as a cat owner my cats (2) are chipped , wear a bell to warn other animals they are around and a name tag with their address and tel.no on so if they are pissing people off they can contact us....i accept your right to control cats in your garden but if people were a bit more responsible the problems would be far fewer........we used to have other peoples cats coming and calling our cats out at 3 or 4 a.m..............it didn't go on too long...:hilton: cats can actually be conditioned to stay indoors all the time but then some would say that is cruel.

Nope, they are peoples pets being allowed to wander onto my property and other peoples property. I could only use a slug gun on them in the burbs. So I never killed any.

The retired Greyhounds were the only ones who actually got some kills.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You don't choose to be born a cat Piggle. I wonder how good a poker face your neighbour would have pulled if a member of your family (who were born humans I'm presuming) got run over and killed, maybe he'd have sniggered a tiny bit when he turned away....maybe.
:wink:

I suppose the difference is that my wife doesn't jump over the fence and shit in my neighbours garden (well, not that I know of)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nope, they are peoples pets being allowed to wander onto my property and other peoples property. I could only use a slug gun on them in the burbs. So I never killed any.

spraying them with the hose pipe works just as well unless you are a good throw with an orange or lemon.

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know what's more disgraceful Biggums:

1. The killings
2. The fact that no Sheilas were allowed to take part in the killings.
3. The Djabugay National Park doing a 'Disneyworld' on Aboriginal culture.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
did'nt really want to come on this thread as normally its a cat hate binfest
the reason why cats are allowed to roam is because under the law they are considered semi-wild animals
my suggestion is as always use a product called "roar" dried lion shite ................works every time

exactly this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here