Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

• Too expensive

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Fed up with Albion at the moment

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • I think they will lose

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • It's only Cheltenham

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • It's only the League Cup

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • I'm on holiday

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I'm doing something else

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • I'm at work

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So are you under the same impression that Park and Ride was part of the planning approval for the Amex, or am I completely wrong?

I was under that impression but I don't know for sure. There are people on here who are far more familiar with all the nuances of the planning approval than me - but it just seems daft that it isn't used for these League Cup games. It is used for night league games, and if anything that would present more difficulties in terms of traffic flow, end of rush-hour etc.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Having experienced the feeling of apathy from all concerned during the two previous Amex first round ties, I've decided i can do without it.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Voted - 'Doing something else' but haven't yet decided what that something else is - a) Watch Bognor as I can walk there in 10-15 mins b) Go footy training c) Walk the dogs or d) Watch paint dry ... :wink:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
We have already seen the club fail to stand up for driving fans in Coldean and Moulscoomb, hoping to drive them into overpriced club parking.

Whilst I cannot comment first hand on Coldean, some of our fans were so keen to park near the stadium they blocked driveways and parked on junctions in Moulsecoomb. Its not as much the club wanting to stand up for the fans, but also wanting to be a good neighbour to those in the vicinity.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
l will not pay anything towards Barbers wages.The sooner he is gone the better for the club and all the FANS not CUSTOMERS.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Whilst I cannot comment first hand on Coldean, some of our fans were so keen to park near the stadium they blocked driveways and parked on junctions in Moulsecoomb. Its not as much the club wanting to stand up for the fans, but also wanting to be a good neighbour to those in the vicinity.

All the more reason the club should be providing transport.

Honestly there is a great all around feeling from a large number of fans that the club is ripping them off, barber really should read this thread.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Astonished to say that I can't be bothered. I have been to every game I can get to for years at Gillingham, Withdean and Amex, including daft cup games, even the Paint Pot of lower league days. Been with about 1000 people to midweek cup games at Gillingham, but today I have a ticket, I could go, but I am not going to. Don't really know why.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
All the more reason the club should be providing transport.

Honestly there is a great all around feeling from a large number of fans that the club is ripping them off, barber really should read this thread.

Sorry, I should clarify, I agree there should be at least one P&R site open for tonights game. The point I was making was the poster advised that "the club fail to stand up for driving fans in Coldean and Moulscoomb" In my opinion had the club fought to keep out the residents parking, there would have been more tensions from the locals in the area.
Having seen first hand peoples parking 'skills' in Luctaft Road, and parking accross the junction of Bolney road and Halland Road so busses were unable to manouver round. I read on here simalar stories from Coldean however as said cannot comment on them first hand.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Totally bemused. Many pertinent and well expressed reasons for not going, but not being able to sit in the hallowed North Stand or whatever is poor. We have been moved tonight, hey-ho sh1t happens.

No, in fact I think you're right. If I can't sit where I want then I'm not going, so there.

Even with tonight's crowd someone will be in my 'desirable' seat as they are for every cup game when I take more than the pathetic 24 hours to book my own seat, even when there were 7,000 spaces at Withdean and 27,000 tonight.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you think he would care?

I would say the one thing the club do care about - or are worried about - is the huge crowds falling away from apathy, disenchantment or anything else.

We don't have the parachute payments. We can get 27,000 every match all season and all the associated spend on merchandise/catering etc but we are having to work very hard to get anywhere near these other clubs that have got relegated on income.

Lose the crowds and we are in trouble financially, so I would say he would care very much.

SAC

May 21, 2014
This round of the Milk Cup is as worthless as a pre season friendly or a reserve fixture. Important to the club as they can muck about with the team and formation but worthless to the spectators who are likely to gain nothing from the match. You might as well ask why so few people attend reserve game matches. Even if the next round is against Premiership opposition, it almost certainly wont be their first team.

It’s a completely devalued cup that only means something if you get to the semi finals, possibly the quarter finals or play against a team you love to beat.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I would say the one thing the club do care about - or are worried about - is the huge crowds falling away from apathy, disenchantment or anything else.

We don't have the parachute payments. We can get 27,000 every match all season and all the associated spend on merchandise/catering etc but we are having to work very hard to get anywhere near these other clubs that have got relegated on income.

Lose the crowds and we are in trouble financially, so I would say he would care very much.

However at the moment I would envisage it is all about maximising income until the crowds stop coming. As far as they know at the moment that ceiling hasn't been reached. So I imagine they will push and push until it is. Then ease off or back off.

I don't think he cares what a bunch of guys on a forum say, he'll see it in the figures.

Like it or not, football has become what it is. We are no longer fans but customers and his job is to get the most out of us he can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here