Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

• Too expensive

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Fed up with Albion at the moment

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • I think they will lose

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • It's only Cheltenham

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • It's only the League Cup

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • I'm on holiday

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I'm doing something else

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • I'm at work

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
No transport/p + r.

Would like to go but the club have taken the decision that "it's too expensive" to help me to go so . . .

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Personally I`d rather keep the £25/£30 that I`d spend on ticket ,travel and refreshments in my pocket.
I`d never even consider missing a home game in the past but now I have a mortgage to pay I have to decide whether it`s worth it.
I tend to pray for away cup draws these days.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Voted other. I have an aversion to football in August. It's just too early in the year for me. I won't really get my Albion mojo until September (although I was there on Saturday).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The club don't want me there due to not laying on Park and Ride (which I would have paid for) and where I live I have to travel by car. With no parking allowed other than the expensive club car parks in the area, they have made it difficult for us oldies.
On a side note how are the club getting away with not providing Park and Ride, as I thought that this was part of the planning approval?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
After last year’s Newport game I just can't be arsed with this round. May have gone to see some new blood but meh, which is also my feeling about going to Birmingham at the moment.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
There are some utterly shite excuses and moans on here.
Either you support us or you don't.
You have no say in running the club, or who we sign, and rightly so.
Either be a fan and come and lend your support.
Otherwise, shut up and piss off.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
There are some utterly shite excuses and moans on here.
Either you support us or you don't.
You have no say in running the club, or who we sign, and rightly so.
Either be a fan and come and lend your support.
Otherwise, shut up and piss off.

Somebody's stressed.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The club don't want me there due to not laying on Park and Ride (which I would have paid for) and where I live I have to travel by car. With no parking allowed other than the expensive club car parks in the area, they have made it difficult for us oldies.
On a side note how are the club getting away with not providing Park and Ride, as I thought that this was part of the planning approval?

Good point. They shouldn't pick and choose, you either have Park and Ride or you don't. We have already seen the club fail to stand up for driving fans in Coldean and Moulscoomb, hoping to drive them into overpriced club parking. You should not be demonised or have money 'extorted' from you, you are just a fan who happens to find driving the best option. It would be nice if such fans were actually appreciated for the time, effort and money they devote to supporting the club, rather than be made to feel like an inconvenience and fodder to be ripped off.

More generally though I think the (potentially) low crowd turnout does highlight what we already know, that the 25-27,000 turning up is pretty much 'it' in terms of crowds.

Because for once the club certainly can't be blamed over pricing. The pricing for Cheltenham is very good, very fair and very competitive. I'm doing the 'three family generations' thing for the first time together tonight, and it was £50 for two adults, two over 65s and two kids, which is excellent.

When the big London clubs price lower for League Cup games they get good crowds but attract a very different audience, tapping in to the well of club fans who can't afford regular tickets for league games but take advantage of the Kids for a Quid or whatever. But we clearly don't have that hidden group, everyone who wants to come is coming to league games by and large, so they'll keep their powder dry. If we win and get Man Utd in the next round it will sell out though!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am currently in negotiations with the club for a ticket however the selling party has overpriced the tickets and currently the cost breaks my strict monthly outgoings schedule. There are alternative options in the pipeline that I am monitoring but I will not be held to ransom after recently getting a nice bonus. I will hold out to the last minute on the negotiations and if no agreement is made before the kickoff then I will look for a cheaper option via the radio.
In no way will I be risking a slap off the wife for breaking football, food & pissup (FFP) monthly limits.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Totally bemused. Many pertinent and well expressed reasons for not going, but not being able to sit in the hallowed North Stand or whatever is poor. We have been moved tonight, hey-ho sh1t happens.

No, in fact I think you're right. If I can't sit where I want then I'm not going, so there.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Good point. They shouldn't pick and choose, you either have Park and Ride or you don't. We have already seen the club fail to stand up for driving fans in Coldean and Moulscoomb, hoping to drive them into overpriced club parking.

So are you under the same impression that Park and Ride was part of the planning approval for the Amex, or am I completely wrong?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm looking forward to it after missing out saturday. Can very much understand people not being motivated for this one though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally bemused. Many pertinent and well expressed reasons for not going, but not being able to sit in the hallowed North Stand or whatever is poor. We have been moved tonight, hey-ho sh1t happens.

No, in fact I think you're right. If I can't sit where I want then I'm not going, so there.

With no North Stand available, I went in ESL for the Saints friendly. Was surprised at how poor the facilities were in there. Far more blocks of women's toilets than men's and far less catering facilities. Which of course meant hopelessly long queues for every damn thing. Maybe that was due to part of ESL being blocked off for Saints fans or whatever, don't know, but very poor Match Day Experience and one I'm not inclined to repeat so soon after. I'll be back the next round they open the North for business. Assuming there is a next round.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Treat the lady to a night at the footie!:rolleyes:

I'm sure she would understand mate! ;)

The sheer thrill of our expansive play at speed would help maybe?

I would have if baby had turned up on Sunday! I'm too busy too, decorating a room etc, and I also forgot to drop the car off at the garage for it's Cambelt change today:facepalm::facepalm: and there's not enough time to it now:down::down:

It's rebooked in for Thursday but I may not be able to honour that either :down::facepalm::facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here