Whose leg did Paul Clark break ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Can anyone remember the name of the player who unfortunately had his leg broken by Paul Clark at the Goldstone. I think he played for Luton and the surname began with F. Did he play again? You could hear the crack when the tackle went in.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
He actually broke it again shortly after LF returned to action away at Luton.

i f i remember rightly
he had only just came back from the first one
he done a bit in the sun saying that if clark came anywhere near him he was going to do him

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
i f i remember rightly
he had only just came back from the first one
he done a bit in the sun saying that if clark came anywhere near him he was going to do him

Was LIL Fusillo & i don't think the origional 'Tank' will be too worried.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remember it like it was yesterday, I heard a really loud crack when it happened and I was at the top of the East Terrace, made me feel physically sick.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remember it like it was yesterday, I heard a really loud crack when it happened and I was at the top of the East Terrace, made me feel physically sick.

Ditto.

I didn't see Lil Fucillo's comments afterwards but he had no justification for moaning about the tackle, it was a fair one - ref didn't even blow for a foul, let alone book Tank.

Paul Clark was a fantastic player: hard as nails but not dirty.

Who remembers his winning goal away at Orient? A cracking shot from about 30 yards.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I remember the crack and the Orient goal......when the big bearded one let fly you were just waiting for the net to ripple. I'm pretty sure he was the major influence for me to grow a beard as soon as I could.

I soon learnt the error of my ways.

Sorry Butts but there IS and always will be only one TANK. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ditto.
Paul Clark was a fantastic player: hard as nails but not dirty.

Who remembers his winning goal away at Orient? A cracking shot from about 30 yards.

Stunning goal but remember standing in the car park of the Bolney Stage on the way back that evening with a pint in my hand, watching the place burn down.

If 'Tank' is still in football then perhaps we should employ him as a personal tackling coach for Robinson?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I too remember that tackle. Didn't the tank also score a top goal against Spurs in the late 70s when we beat them 3-1 in a game that was frequently interrupted by pitch invasions. I think he scored the first and it sparked off the first pitch invasion. Or am I dreaming in my old age?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I too remember that tackle. Didn't the tank also score a top goal against Spurs in the late 70s when we beat them 3-1 in a game that was frequently interrupted by pitch invasions. I think he scored the first and it sparked off the first pitch invasion. Or am I dreaming in my old age?

you are correct

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stunning goal but remember standing in the car park of the Bolney Stage on the way back that evening with a pint in my hand, watching the place burn down.

If 'Tank' is still in football then perhaps we should employ him as a personal tackling coach for Robinson?

My god! I'd forgotten that. My parents used to have a stand at Bolney Market... I remember the shock of going to Bolney and seeing the mess. Don't remember it as the same time though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports