Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who's off to Stoke on a cold Tuesday evening?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Fair do's those that were there! Watched with previously-mentioned boisterous 8 year old and we got well involved, was only noise from the Albion coming through on TV.

I'd like to think this is what helped bring the boys home
16776305207408033434231076003098.jpg

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I got as far as Birmingham and picked up my son at around 5:30pm.

Then got caught in the M6 traffic jam and finally gave up when I realised I wouldn't get to the game until near half time.

Ended up driving back into Birmingham and watched the game in a pub.

Coming home, the M25 was shut between J11 and J9 so drove down through Guildford back to Cowfold.

All rather pointless but at least I got to see my son (and the pub was nice and warm).

Missed out on 15 points though.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I got as far as Birmingham and picked up my son at around 5:30pm.

Then got caught in the M6 traffic jam and finally gave up when I realised I wouldn't get to the game until near half time.

Ended up driving back into Birmingham and watched the game in a pub.

Coming home, the M25 was shut between J9 and J7 so drove down through Guildford back to Cowfold.

All rather pointless but at least I got to see my son (and the pub was nice and warm).

Missed out on 15 points though.
M25 was shut from junctions 11-9 at midnight, right pain in the arse being diverted South, then North towards Kingston and back via the Leatherhead road. Pretty much trouble free up and down otherwise, M6 toll avoided the M6 chaos.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Left Worthing at 1pm. M6 closed and the overhead sign said 2 hours delay!!! Managed to dodge that by going on the toll road, phew! Got to the ground an hour before kick off. Frustrating game, loads of possession but never felt comfortable, got the job done. Pissed off with the 2 blokes behind me who wanted me to move elsewhere to stand so they could sit down... I don't think so. Long drive home, M25 shut! Wankers! Got in at 2am. Got into work at half 8 this morning, going to be a long day. I do love a good away day.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Where were you standing? Couldn’t you just swap seats? That’s what we did at Charlton.
That wouldn't have worked, people were standing in front of me. They could have moved to the front row where all the 'sitters' were and there were empty seats.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Left Worthing at 1pm. M6 closed and the overhead sign said 2 hours delay!!! Managed to dodge that by going on the toll road, phew! Got to the ground an hour before kick off. Frustrating game, loads of possession but never felt comfortable, got the job done. Pissed off with the 2 blokes behind me who wanted me to move elsewhere to stand so they could sit down... I don't think so. Long drive home, M25 shut! Wankers! Got in at 2am. Got into work at half 8 this morning, going to be a long day. I do love a good away day.
Luckily the two blokes standing in front of me made way for me to sit down. I was very grateful to these two kind folk. It makes a huge difference to me as standing with hip replacements for two hours is no fun at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where were you standing? Couldn’t you just swap seats? That’s what we did at Charlton.
Couple next to me moved away at HT - not sure if it was something I said, or the group of 10 crammed into 5 seats directly behind us banging out the Ali Mac song incessantly :laugh:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That wouldn't have worked, people were standing in front of me. They could have moved to the front row where all the 'sitters' were and there were empty seats.
Fair enough. It was pretty pointless asking you to sit, then. If it doesn’t start from the front, it can’t work.
They were basically asking you to make yourself unable to see so that they could!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just arriving back in Henfield, great afternoon/evening out with my son,nephew’s and brother in law….

Cold tuesday night in stoke ticked off, a well battled win, stoke definitely set up to man mark caicedo, but a wins a win

and topped off with my boy and nephew getting lamptey and enciso’s shirts
Ah you guys were just in front of me I think, did you have the flags and a massive tin foil FA cup? I was impressed with your cup if it was you, no half measures there.

:lolol:

Nice to see so many youngsters carrying the torch.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Ah you guys were just in front of me I think, did you have the flags and a massive tin foil FA cup? I was impressed with your cup if it was you, no half measures there.

:lolol:

Nice to see so many youngsters carrying the torch.
yes correct my son had the lamptey flag, he’s had it all season home and away…. yes that was my nephew’s with the fa cup they made it the night before…. the kids love it and for me that’s what matters most, as there gonna take the next supporters forward

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just realised tickets for the three away games at B'muff, Chelsea & Spurs go on sale at the second tier at 9:am Wednesday (mate hasn't enough LP's yet. Getting home at 4 am from Stoke and getting up 4 hours later could be fun.
Got home at 3:00 asleep at 4:00 Bournemouth and Chelsea tickets bought at 09:00 😀😀😀😀

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just realised tickets for the three away games at B'muff, Chelsea & Spurs go on sale at the second tier at 9:am Wednesday (mate hasn't enough LP's yet. Getting home at 4 am from Stoke and getting up 4 hours later could be fun.
Got home at 3:00 asleep at 4:00 Bournemouth and Chelsea tickets bought at 09:00

Wonder if your the guy who was just behind us mate, we had 2 blokes ask us to sit down when we moved a few seats across at half time🙂 my girlfriend had a bobble hat on?

Yep! I luckily did the same! Sat nav saved my skin. Arrived with 2 hr to spare! Re people at away days not understanding the unwritten rule, this is becoming common place and i wish they would f*** off. We saw some gimps try and boot out two people in their seat, never used to happen. Just sit where you want. Its these half hearted fans who just have no sense on how it works!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here