Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s not watching the World Cup?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Are you ok? I think this reinforces concerns others have had.
No. I'm worried sick about something at the moment and it's played on my emotions on here. It's certainly come through in my posts in the last month or so.

I want to apologise to you @Guinness Boy for calling you personal names, however, posters may get the wrong idea about the way your post was laid out. I'd rather not be on here than be thought of as a racist. That would be the worst possible thing. I had a relationship with a black girl when I was younger. Racism is horrifying.

I'm throwing myself into work at the moment. It's the only way I can cope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. I'm worried sick about something at the moment and it's played on my emotions on here. It's certainly come through in my posts in the last month or so.

I want to apologise to you @Guinness Boy for calling you personal names, however, posters may get the wrong idea about the way your post was laid out. I'd rather not be on here than be thought of as a racist. That would be the worst possible thing. I had a relationship with a black girl when I was younger. Racism is horrifying.

I’ve never thought of you as a racist for a second. When you get a minute read my PM :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Keep posting on here mate. I know it's tough for you at the moment. Feel free to PM when you've got a moment with an update.

I watched this year's REMF game with @Guinness Boy and had a great evening. I'm pretty sure you'd both get on famously irl.

And on that matter, a Christmas NSC meet-up is long overdue. There's loads of people on here that I'd like to meet in person, you being one. :)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Let’s be clear, there was no need for you to reply at all. I would have cleared it up as soon as I saw his reply - in fact I did. Yet here you are again taking over a thread with your enormous posting rate. Midnight last night and then 7 again this morning. Go for a walk or something
Seriously, now you are trying to tell me when and when I can not post on an open forum - listen to yourself.

Fyi - 10 posts from me on a 30 page thread, 27 from you - you see I did read back through the thread as you advised and don’t see me taking over anything!

Icy Gull replied, Watford Zero replied, Badfish stepped in ( even after you explained and you didn’t accuse them of being on a bandwagon, so stop trolling me AGAIN with your passive aggressive behavior after it was your lack of clarity and highly aggressive post about another member (leekbrookgulls) on a reply to someone else that started this.)

I will end this here as I am trying to concentrate on work.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Seriously, now you are trying to tell me when and when I can not post on an open forum - listen to yourself.
I’m telling you that posting more than necessary and turning threads into binfests annoys other users and that’s very much my “job”.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to say I thought yesterday’s games were a bit “meh” and not the entertainment value of so many group games. Hopefully today’s are better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Have to say I thought yesterday’s games were a bit “meh” and not the entertainment value of so many group games. Hopefully today’s are better.
Football at last 😀

You found a penalty shootout and the Brazilians being the most Brazilian for years “meh”?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Football at last 😀

You found a penalty shootout and the Brazilians being the most Brazilian for years “meh”?
Penalty shoot out was as bad as I’ve seen, poor Japan :down:

As for Brazil, arrogant piss takers being made to look good by a team that had the tactics of a shit pub team, no I didn’t enjoy it. Let’s see how they do against Argentina or the Netherlands, I expect them to blow the old men of Croatia away. I don’t much like Croatia either.

You should get a job with the pundits, Keane aside, who were embarrassing in their Brazil wankfest :lolol:

I never find one sided games, other than (rare) Albion ones entertaining :smile:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Look after yourself and talk to someone face to face. NSC and online in general can be a great escape but it can also be a problem. No-one on here thinks you are racist. It was all just a misunderstanding and that is very common in anything written rather than spoken as it lacks context, body language etc. Thank you for outlining your context and I’m sure people will respect it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Penalty shoot out was as bad as I’ve seen, poor Japan :down:

As for Brazil, arrogant piss takers being made to look good by a team that had the tactics of a shit pub team, no I didn’t enjoy it. Let’s see how they do against Argentina or the Netherlands, I expect them to blow the old men of Croatia away. I don’t much like Croatia either.

You should get a job with the pundits, Keane aside, who were embarrassing in their Brazil wankfest :lolol:
Keane would have two footed the first one of them who volleyed it. Can’t be having any FLAIR around Roy

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Keep posting on here mate. I know it's tough for you at the moment. Feel free to PM when you've got a moment with an update.

I watched this year's REMF game with @Guinness Boy and had a great evening. I'm pretty sure you'd both get on famously irl.

And on that matter, a Christmas NSC meet-up is long overdue. There's loads of people on here that I'd like to meet in person, you being one. :)
Well, this is awkward. The curry night is oversubscribed already xxxx

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Curry night, hun? x

Edit: sorry, beaten to it by @Neville's Breakfast

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Football at last 😀

On a thread about people not watching football :lol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I hope you are okay Durlston, if there is anything we can do help don't be afraid to sing out. Pm always available, a problem shared . . . And all that.
Take care BF

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Fyi - 10 posts from me on a 30 page thread, 27 from you - you see I did read back through the thread as you advised and don’t see me taking over anything!

Icy Gull replied, Watford Zero replied, Badfish stepped in ( even after you explained and you didn’t accuse them of being on a bandwagon, so stop trolling me AGAIN with your passive aggressive behavior after it was your lack of clarity and highly aggressive post about another member (leekbrookgulls) on a reply to someone else that started this.)

I will end this here as I am trying to concentrate on work.
To be fair to GB I think the bandwagon comment was for all of us. We just chose to let it go.

Another example of poster confusion. Just use the bloody usernames people 🤣

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’m telling you that posting more than necessary and turning threads into binfests annoys other users and that’s very much my “job”.
It's your 'job' to annoy other users???

You are a great moderator. 🤣🤣🤣

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Stockport v Charlton FA Cup 2nd Round replay on ITV4 now.

A chance for a look at our League Cup opponents.

Edit...ex-Brighton player Will Collar (1 EFL Cup appearance) gets a hat-trick for Stockport.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just avoiding match #62 of the World Cup tonight on BBC before a two day break and into finals weekend, then ALL OVER! :rave:

Actually, whoever sits through 120 minutes of the third place play-off on Saturday between Croatia v Morocco DESERVES a medal!

Cannot wait for Sunday night.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here