Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your birthplace?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your birt

Born in Horsham so The Hornets if we're talking non league. At the time Horsham / Crawley rivalry would of certainly stopped me supporting creepy Crawley and can't imagine anyone from Horsham supporting Crawley today.
Brighton were nearest league club, my dad supported Brighton and my first game was Brighton v Mansfield.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was one of the last babies born at Brighton General before they moved maternity to the County. So I guess the Whitehawk ground was closer than the Goldstone.

You and I both..Dyke ward at BGH..I think you can see the whitehawk pitch from there.

Whitehawk till I die!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Milwall - born at Guys Hospital but thankfully returned to Brighton after 3 days!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
League team would be Palace, the same as my Dad and Grandad before me. Not sure what non-league team it would be, it depends how far down the pyramid you have to go before you reach a level where you have to choose.

EDIT: Just seen there's quite a few of us Palace on here! I no longer feel quite so dirty! Anybody else go to see them as a Palace fan though?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bristol ward was indeed female surgery and I well recall relatives nearly keeling over with shock when told their loved one was being moved to the "death list" I always used " Solomon Defflis" to avoid ugly scenes in A and E

richzl

Jan 18, 2011
Who would you be supporting if you had to support the nearest team to your birt

My beloved Albion. was born 500m from the goldstone

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My beloved Huddersfield town

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
BHAFC league