Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who would have been the perfect leader to take us through this pandemic

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Several months ago I started to look back fondly on Theresa May's premiership. She was completely out of her depth, but actually seemed to have a few moral principles. To be honest, pretty much anyone would have done a better job than Johnson.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His family call him Alec. Boris is his third name but he chose it deliberately for politics as it’s more user friendly than Alexander.

We learn something new on this thread al the time, don't we? Boris' real first name, who was in charge of BT and Gas privatisations ...................... :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It wasn't. But dont let that stop you trying to score cheap political points.

Not exactly scoring points to say something like “the sky is blue”

Ok - which of our recent leaders would’ve been worse, and why?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Not exactly scoring points to say something like “the sky is blue”

Ok - which of our recent leaders would’ve been worse, and why?

Go and start your own thread

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Rory Stewart would’ve been miles better. John Major would also have been comfortably better, if you’re wanting to stick to Tory leaders.

I think the question is more “who would’ve been worse?”

I genuinely can’t think of anyone in my lifetime more incompetent, more ill-suited to bring a leader.

Rod Stewart would have been miles better than Bojo

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At the time I thought she was evil heartless @#%& without an ounce of compassion, as with many things as one ages our views opinions and tastes evolve I am now in my sixties and with the benefit of hindsight over the intervening years One can reflect as such I now think she was the most evil heartless #**%@ with out an once of compassion who did no lasting good, with no industrial base no British owned motorcar industry same for steel all the oil was sold off and not reinvested (see Norway for how it should have been done) no renewal of the council housing stock which was sold off, the destruction of trades unions the selling off of our assets rail, BT, Gas, Electricity parts of the Post Office, parts of the NHS (see Capita) the throwing of a generation onto the scrap heap with no jobs no hope while allowing free reign to assist stripping money people no one has ever heard of making millions on the backs of the masses, I cannot genuinely think of one thing she got right evil pure evil

I agree on every point absolutely.:bowdown:

Jimmy Grimble

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm tempted to nominate several labour leaders, Attlee obviously but also Brown, who responded really well to the economic crash, plus others. However I think the Thatcherite and libertarians of the press would have absolutely piled in with negative crap if a labour leader tried to take the necessary lock down and border restrictions. Johnson gets pretty much a pass on this, but can you imagine if May was still in power the shit she'd be getting from the ERG and papers like the Telegraph and Express

Brown responded well to the economic crash?

He bloody caused It!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ok
So you may not be a fan but would he have been a better leader in this Pandemic than the present incumbent?

It's amazing how many experts there are with the benefit of hindsight.
Current leadership has made some significant mistakes, bur do you know for a fact anyone knew better?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As has been said, NSC is not short of its pandemic experts, with or without hindsight.

In fact, I'd go as far to say there are more on here than appear with contradictory views on a daily basic via Auntie Beeb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here