Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would be your centreback partnership for Hull?

Who would be your centre back partnership for Hull?

• Greer and Hünemeier

Votes: 106 62.0%
  • Greer and Dunk

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Dunk and Hünemeier

Votes: 54 31.6%

• Total voters

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a great situation to be in. Not sure who to chose including a 5M rated player. I wish we had the same options against Derby 2nd leg when a place at Wembley and the premier league was at stake.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I am not sure if you are trolling, or whether you are really failing to understand an extremely simple question. I'll try one last time:

Let's put Goldson to one side, because he seems to be confusing you. Instead lets use something else to represent the concept of Goldson's fitness. Let's say that Goldson being fit is represented by it raining in Peru next Wednesday.

You have said that, if it is raining in Peru next Wednesday, you'd play Hunemeir and Dunk, but that, if the Peruvians stay dry, you'd play Greer and Dunk.

I am suggesting that the weather in Peru should have no impact upon your decision as to whether Greer or Hunemeir should partner Dunk. If you are able to explain why midweek Liman Precipitation* makes Hunemeir a better pick than Greer, then please proceed.

* - If you are unable to remember what this represents, simply refer to what we learned in paragraph 2.

:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure if you are trolling, or whether you are really failing to understand an extremely simple question. I'll try one last time:

Let's put Goldson to one side, because he seems to be confusing you. Instead lets use something else to represent the concept of Goldson's fitness. Let's say that Goldson being fit is represented by it raining in Peru next Wednesday.

You have said that, if it is raining in Peru next Wednesday, you'd play Hunemeir and Dunk, but that, if the Peruvians stay dry, you'd play Greer and Dunk.

I am suggesting that the weather in Peru should have no impact upon your decision as to whether Greer or Hunemeir should partner Dunk. If you are able to explain why midweek Liman Precipitation* makes Hunemeir a better pick than Greer, then please proceed.

* - If you are unable to remember what this represents, simply refer to what we learned in paragraph 2.

I am sorry that you cannot understand my logic Greer and Dunk is a tried and tested formation if CH wants experience that is proven, play them . If not he has 2 weeks to look at players and make up his mind of which. he could go with a young Goldson partnered by a young but more experienced Dunk. or a more experienced but older Huneiemier the other being on the bench, If Goldson is not fit it reduces the option in which case Greer could be on the bench as he plumps for Dunk and Huniemier but as it was asking us a question I am saying that if Goldson is not fit go for experience Dunk and Greer with Huniemier on the bench. Hope this answers your question and clears it up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We did concede 2 with Dunk on. Although that might not be fair, we might have done with Hünemaier also.

Perhaps, but we can only go with the facts that we have.

I think Dunk is better than Greer, but whether he is better than Goldson we don't know and IMO he isn't better than Hunenmeier, mainly because he wanders far too much.

In terms of the goals Dunk contributes, last season was a freak year to be fair, based on previous output.

However, pure ability is one thing, but how they work as a combination is something else, and at the moment we can only comment on Greer and Dunk and Greer and Hunenmeier both of which work very well.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

It's the latter, trust me.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I am sorry that you cannot understand my logic Greer and Dunk is a tried and tested formation if CH wants experience that is proven, play them . If not he has 2 weeks to look at players and make up his mind of which. he could go with a young Goldson partnered by a young but more experienced Dunk. or a more experienced but older Huneiemier the other being on the bench, If Goldson is not fit it reduces the option in which case Greer could be on the bench as he plumps for Dunk and Huniemier but as it was asking us a question I am saying that if Goldson is not fit go for experience Dunk and Greer with Huniemier on the bench. Hope this answers your question and clears it up.

Nope, still completely befuddled. I don't suppose it matters as he probably won't take any of the options you mention. He'll stick with Greer and Hunemeir.*

* - (Obviously, only if Glenn Rae is fit, otherwise Goldson & Dunk)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk and BFG

Based on recent performances Greer has upped his game but I really think if Dunk was given a run in the team he would get better and better.

And he is a massive attacking threat at set pieces. Greer is not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Greer and Hunemeier at the moment. Neither have done anything to justify being dropped, they've already formed a solid partnership. Dunk and Goldson will play a part though and it's good that we've got competition for this important position.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I still think Dunk will be off. Last minute panic by someone in the prem. Release clause in contract. Money in the bank.

I have also been thinking this. Turning down £6 million, and leaving him on the bench (and yes, I know this may only be temporary...) seemed a bit odd.

Fulham are in our division, so selling him to them would have given the impression that we are not one of the bigwigs in this league. When Sunderland or Newcastle offer £8 million today or tomorrow, it's a different story.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I have also been thinking this. Turning down £6 million, and leaving him on the bench (and yes, I know this may only be temporary...) seemed a bit odd.

Fulham are in our division, so selling him to them would have given the impression that we are not one of the bigwigs in this league. When Sunderland or Newcastle offer £8 million today or tomorrow, it's a different story.

Another one in this camp. I reckon that a prem club will come in for Dunk late on Tuesday. Silly money from a prem club will not be turned down. Probably Bornmuff, they seem to have all of our previous CB's.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe all this £5m offer, it is just press speculation and nobody really knows as I am sure if it was true he would have been sold, especially as we have bought replacements a lot cheaper.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Dunk had the spot but refused to play and the position was rightfully given away. Greer & Uwe have done a superb job and until suspension, injury or form dictate they should keep their partnership.

Edit, that goes for the back 5: the position is theirs to loose. Keep the back 5 until we need a change

Very true. You just don't invent your own rules. Dunk took a chance in doing so with the mighty Albion good player as he undoubtedly is. Greer on the field and after Ipswich shows what it means to him as his career winds down. He's a player and supporter rolled into one.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
On the subject of Hull City, Jelavic is on his way to West Ham for three million quid. They still possess attacking threats like Akpom, but it's a welcome relief to our backline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here