Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would be your centreback partnership for Hull?

Who would be your centre back partnership for Hull?

• Greer and Hünemeier

Votes: 106 62.0%
  • Greer and Dunk

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Dunk and Hünemeier

Votes: 54 31.6%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To me Greer looked like he was shot last season, now he's next to Uwe he looks like he's back on form again. Confidence is a big part of a footballers game and GG is no exception. When we're firing Gordon steps up, and it's lovely to see him getting so pumped up by it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If fit I would consider adding Goldson to the equation. So for me it would be 2 from Goldson Dunk Hunemeir with Greer on the bench. If he is not fit I would plump for Greer and Dunk as a proven partnership.

Have you read what you have written here?

If Goldson is fit: Either Goldson & Dunk, Goldson & Hunemeir, or Dunk and Hunemeir. Greer on the bench.
If Goldson is not fit: Greer & Dunk. Presumably with Hunemeir on the bench.

Why would Goldson's availability change your mind about who to start out of the other three?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely people agree Dunk is better than Greer though? I know the thread is about this moment in time and doesn't necessarily mean the best 2 overall...

Feel quite sorry for Goldson as he apparently turned Swansea down as didn't want to play in their u21s yet doesn't seem to make our squad ATM... Odd one. I'm sure he was signed because we assumed Dunk was off...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If Goldson is fit: Either Goldson & Dunk, Goldson & Hunemeir, or Dunk and Hunemeir. Greer on the bench.

Why would Goldson's availability change your mind about who to start out of the other three?
Because he comes with very good recommendation and would assume he was bought for the squad not just make the numbers up. If he is fit he must therefore be in contention but if not revert back to a tried and tested partnership of Dunk and Greer which did well in the past with Huniemier on the bench? At least CH has 2 weeks to watch them all in training. It is about the best partnership to complement each other not the 2 best players.

Because he posts nonsense most of the time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I honestly think Greer is the best centre back we have when you take into account ability, experience and leadership.

Interesting. I've always liked him apart from the normal GG error each game. Just think now age has caught up with him. He's done well this season so far but isn't quick & still gets done in the air more than Hun and Dunk...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dunk had the spot but refused to play and the position was rightfully given away. Greer & Uwe have done a superb job and until suspension, injury or form dictate they should keep their partnership.

Edit, that goes for the back 5: the position is theirs to loose. Keep the back 5 until we need a change

This. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I honestly think Greer is the best centre back we have when you take into account ability, experience and leadership.

I disagree, although I take your point about experience and leadership, I think when we come up against pacier strikers he seriously struggles and his ball playing ability isn't as good as Dunk's. That said he has had a great start to the season and fully deserves to keep his place in the starting 11 at the moment.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Uwe and Greer. Currently have early the shirts and therefore unless something else crops is and dictates that dunk is required it has to be then 2.
Dunk will get his chance when injuries and suspensions crop up. Currently Uwe looks like he will be a big miss if this happens

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Although I voted Greer and Huenemeier on the basis of continuity, I would hope that CH will in due course skillfully manage the transformation to Huenemeier and Dunk until such times as Dunky goes when I would expect Goldson to have been groomed for the then available position as replacement for LD.

GG has done well for the Albion but I think that the time is not that far away when we have to say goodbye as, if the future involves the BPL, he would be found seriously wanting despite his newfound lease of life with Uwe adjacent.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stick with Greer and Uwe - has worked well. And I am not sure Dunk is back to form after his lay off yet, so why risk it for a big game?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Interesting how few have said Greer and Dunk, which lets face is the second most probable selection after GG and Uwe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

That's BG for you. Complete nonsense.

The problem with leaving Dunk out, is that Dunk scores goals. Be good to get him back in the team somehow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because he comes with very good recommendation and would assume he was bought for the squad not just make the numbers up. If he is fit he must therefore be in contention but if not revert back to a tried and tested partnership of Dunk and Greer which did well in the past with Huniemier on the bench? At least CH has 2 weeks to watch them all in training. It is about the best partnership to complement each other not the 2 best players.

My explanation is probably too complicated for some but dont worry they will learn.

:lol:
That's BG for you. Complete nonsense.

The problem with leaving Dunk out, is that Dunk scores goals. Be good to get him back in the team somehow.

You probably fall into the catergory I mentioned, but dont worry it will come.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My explanation is probably too complicated for some but dont worry they will learn.

My question was why would Hunemeir be preferable to Greer if Goldson is fit, but Greer preferable to Hunemeir if Goldson is unfit? Your explanation doesn't answer this question.

In mathematical terms you have written:

If A=0 then B>C, but if A=1 then B<C. This can only be true if the property of A has some effect upon B&C. In the case of your argument, I am struggling to see how the nature of A (Goldson's fitness) impacts upon whether Greer > Hunemeir.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My question was why would Hunemeir be preferable to Greer if Goldson is fit, but Greer preferable to Hunemeir if Goldson is unfit? Your explanation doesn't answer this question.

In mathematical terms you have written:

If A=0 then B>C, but if A=1 then B<C. This can only be true if the property of A has some effect upon B&C. In the case of your argument, I am struggling to see how the nature of A (Goldson's fitness) impacts upon whether Greer > Hunemeir.

Quite simple really because Goldson with either Dunk or Huniemier is an unknown quality which will be looked at during the international break on the training ground whereas Greer and Dunk is a proven succesful partnership.to fall back on if CH feels he needs experience for this match.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Quite simple really because Goldson with either Dunk or Huniemier is an unknown quality which will be looked at during the international break on the training ground whereas Greer and Dunk is a proven succesful partnership.to fall back on if CH feels he needs experience for this match.

I am not sure if you are trolling, or whether you are really failing to understand an extremely simple question. I'll try one last time:

Let's put Goldson to one side, because he seems to be confusing you. Instead lets use something else to represent the concept of Goldson's fitness. Let's say that Goldson being fit is represented by it raining in Peru next Wednesday.

You have said that, if it is raining in Peru next Wednesday, you'd play Hunemeir and Dunk, but that, if the Peruvians stay dry, you'd play Greer and Dunk.

I am suggesting that the weather in Peru should have no impact upon your decision as to whether Greer or Hunemeir should partner Dunk. If you are able to explain why midweek Liman Precipitation* makes Hunemeir a better pick than Greer, then please proceed.

* - If you are unable to remember what this represents, simply refer to what we learned in paragraph 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here