Who would be in your all-time BHA 4*100m relay team?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I would have:
Peter Smith, Peter Smith, Peter Smith and Warren Aspinall...naah only kidding...Peter Smith.

I'd definitely have Peter Smith run all 4 legs (if that were allowed).

What about the slowest?

Warren Aspinall
Guy Butters (didn't need to be fast and he wasn't)
John Crumplin (legend, but not blessed with pace)
Mick Ferguson or Willie Young

I'm sure there are others worse and slower who played for us between 1994 and 1999, but so many of them played so badly and for so few games that their names escape me these days.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dave Armstrong - fastest player I ever saw at the Goldstone... ball control let him down a bit though...!
Agreed. Believe he was invited to do Olympic trials.
Lawrenson was very quick and forced Kevin Keegan's retirment after a Liverpool v Newcastle game.
Not forgetting Wardy of course ' Billy Whizz ' himself.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Suspect Lua Lua, Noone, Buckley and CMS would give anyone from previous eras a run for their money. Can remember Towner, Penney and Smillie being pretty swift ...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Mark Flatts, the loanee winger from Arsenal c1993. Another Franz Carr- very, very quick but a bit of a headless chicken!

Flatts the way, aha aha I like it, aha aha!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A-Team

Mark Gall
Mark Flatts
Rod Thomas
Lua Lua

B Team

Junior Mc Dougald
Leon Knight
Craig Noone
Elliott Bennett

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Denny Munday. In the time it took me to leave my seat and walk to the lounge at Huddersfields new ground he had left the pitch, showered (presumably), changed into his suit (well, thrown it on) and arrived in the bar, ordered a pint and lit a fag. That was lightening quick. I'd like to say he hadn't even broke into a sweat....but he was perspiring heavily. It was not a pretty sight.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Tiltman
Armstrong
Lua Lua
Bolt

Unbeatable!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dave Armstrong was lightning quick - fastest I've seen. He'd have to be first in the squad (terrible footballer though)

OGH was fast for us in his early days

I`m sure he was shortlisted for the 68 Mexico olympic sprint squad. Fastest by a mile but like already mentioned couldn`t actually take the ball with him.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Frankie Howard, Freddy Jones Franco????? Massimo (sussex sprint champion) Wayne Gray on loan to us from Wimbledon.

I often see Franco Massimo at junior athletics meetings - both our boys are sprinters - and he ran 10.9 when he was about 16 and came 4th - I think - at the English schools championships. Nice bloke as well. Had problems with his pelvic joints which curtailed his running career.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I often see Franco Massimo at junior athletics meetings - both our boys are sprinters - and he ran 10.9 when he was about 16 and came 4th - I think - at the English schools championships. Nice bloke as well. Had problems with his pelvic joints which curtailed his running career.

Didnt have avery long football career either. Think he did play once for the 1st team if my memory is right.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mark gall
Steve Penney
Rod Thomas
Neil smillie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports