Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will you vote for at the next general election?

Who will you vote for in the general election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 98 31.6%
  • Labour

Votes: 65 21.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 58 18.7%
  • One of the nationalist parties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other party

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • I won't vote

Votes: 19 6.1%

• Total voters

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
But what you got was not an out and out Tory government, it was softened by the Liberals in coalition. If the Cons pick up all the seats that were Lib last time it will be a full on Tory Government. Your choice, but I think you would be better served voting Lib again, although I get the frustration.
I'd argue that this last parliament was the most Tory' ever, regardless of Clegg.
I have never witnessed a more duplicitous presentation of the 'facts'' in my lifetime, and I consider G.Osbourne as a either an idiot or a savant....because some of the forces he has unleashed will destroy our currency, and I can't decide whether he IS an idiot, or just evil.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Voted Lib Dem last time after 40 years Conservative. Add to that my Parents who were Conservative. But would never vote for them again so back to David I guess. One thing for sure is that I have the right to vote and will do so.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd argue that this last parliament was the most Tory' ever, regardless of Clegg.
I have never witnessed a more duplicitous presentation of the 'facts'' in my lifetime, and I consider G.Osbourne as a either an idiot or a savant....because some of the forces he has unleashed will destroy our currency, and I can't decide whether he IS an idiot, or just evil.

Interesting............................

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Tory for me, I think this government has done a good job in turning around an economy that was on its arse, not a massive fan of Cameron as I don't think he's strong enough, but all in all the conservatives/lib dems have done a decent job and I don't think that's down to the lib dem influence either.
So I sinc hope that Dave has the opportunity to go it alone for the next 5 years.

As someone who is a true floating voter. I have voted, Labour, Lib Dem & Conservative in the past, my current intentions are a nod to the blues. I am not fully decided, however, by & large I am pleasantly surprised as to the coalition performance. In my constituency the Lib Dems haven't a prayer & I have little confidence in Milliband/Balls.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
L
At the last election the Labour Party said they would cut gradually and halve the deficit by 2015. the Tories said they would clear the deficit by 2015. What happened I wonder? Oh yes the deficit is almost halved. But isn't that what the Labour Party said they would do? Oh yes!

With the Tories you got the worst of all worlds. Draconian cuts no growth for 3 years and then a reversal of policy for the last two years when Osborne saw his policy was disastrous

The Tories have succeeded in re-spinning history and too many people fall for it. He meets his current targets by a falling oil price and sales of assets.

Considering what they were left with, they've done very well to get here. Nobody wanted to win the last election, and here we are with one of the strongest economies in the world. I don't particularly find any of the main politicians personally appealing, but that doesn't matter, the current Labour crop are just inept - if they get in we will go backwards bigtime.

I regretably due to very poor health find myself on benefits after 30 years of working continuously, and I'll still vote tory this time, and I see an awful lot more of the NHS than most people.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
But what you got was not an out and out Tory government, it was softened by the Liberals in coalition. If the Cons pick up all the seats that were Lib last time it will be a full on Tory Government. Your choice, but I think you would be better served voting Lib again, although I get the frustration.

No, sorry, don't buy any of that. If the LibDems had stuck with their principles (yes, it's politics, I know) we could only have had a minority Tory govt at worst and THAT would have made a difference. And yes, I know that it's the nature of democracy that sometimes your lot lose, and yes I accept that it happens too often for my liking. My vote last time went in a tactical way to a party which was opposed to the Tories, until the whiff of a bit of power came in, then it was "principles ? What principles ?" "Manifesto ? Wossat ?" and five tedious years of Conservative government with the weak kneed CMD and his bean counting oppo whose greatest claim was to halve the bill we had to pay to the EU. Only we didn't, and he hadn't.

Oh, and the Tories won't pick up all the LibDem seats, though I hope the latter are back to needing a four-seater taxi to take them all to Parliament.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, sorry, don't buy any of that. If the LibDems had stuck with their principles (yes, it's politics, I know) we could only have had a minority Tory govt at worst and THAT would have made a difference. And yes, I know that it's the nature of democracy that sometimes your lot lose, and yes I accept that it happens too often for my liking. My vote last time went in a tactical way to a party which was opposed to the Tories, until the whiff of a bit of power came in, then it was "principles ? What principles ?" "Manifesto ? Wossat ?" and five tedious years of Conservative government with the weak kneed CMD and his bean counting oppo whose greatest claim was to halve the bill we had to pay to the EU. Only we didn't, and he hadn't.

Oh, and the Tories won't pick up all the LibDem seats, though I hope the latter are back to needing a four-seater taxi to take them all to Parliament.

The contradiction between you complaining about the Lib Dems losing their 'principles' and you tactical voting has passed you by then ?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sadly only the Tories have a realistic chance of winning in Horsham. I'll probably go either Liberal or Green, depends upon their manifestos.

If you live in Horsham and are left of centre it has to be Duggan surely??

As for myself, I'm still undecided. I've met with people from the 5 polling parties, including Natatlie Bennett - who couldn't answer costing questions so that's a worry.

For me after Iraq (less so Afghanistan) I'm still concerned about foreign policy and international relations. It's also what my MA is on - and PhD would be on:

Green - Want to abolish UN Secuirty Council, leave NATO and lose Trident. In an a world which is as dangerous and unpredictable as ever it's just not rationale. I really do praise their beliefs that the world can be loving and different, but there are so many irrational actors around the globe that it's just not possible.

Lib Dems - voted agaisnt Iraq - Good thing that. But still would join the Euro 'when it is in Britains interest to do so'. They get unfair treatment in Government IMHO. Tacking the lowest paid out of tax was their idea - not the Tories. Still a lot of Liberals I meet are very much pro-European in a Federalist sense, that worries me.

Labour - took us into Iraq. Have a leader that all in all honesty is a complete walking buffoon. He can't even talk the talk, let alone walk the walk. He uses the example of when he was Energy Sectetary that he was treated with respect in the EU. Well Ed, you would get walked all over by Mr. Putin, lose key connections abroad and probably even struggle with the Falklands question!

Conservative - our image abroad has increased under this Government, (that's the view most of the people I meet say) however missed the cap on immigration, and has tried to kick the EU Referendum into the long grass. Budget cuts below 2% of GDP is a worry. Voted for Iraq, pro Trident.

UKIP - clearly anti-Eu, but really seem to me to just be a one man band with an average supporting cast. Would remove the ring fence to aid spending which is enshrined in law at 0.7%. Would instead commit to 2% guideline for NATO members. Could we have a strong influence economically and politically outside the EU?

So for me, I probably won't decide 100 per cent until May 7th.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
A

Well I live in her constituency & personally I think her & her parties policies are barking. Will vote for anyone to budge her out. Probably vote Conservative. Whether you love or hate the Tories they have surprisingly done a good job to get us out the mess that Labour got us into. With low inflation, falling unemployment, stock market at record highs, the country is on the up - the feel good factor is returning. Let's give them another mandate I say.

Couldn't put it better.:thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
No-one in Lewes sticking their hand up for Norm then ?

Anyway, buffoons aside, I voted LD for the first time last time as I like Stephen Lloyd and I wanted to keep Cameron out of no 10; I got my MP but I also got CMD so my vote was wasted (the LD's always spout on about Labour being a wasted vote in Eastbourne).
This time, as I've done in every other election, I'm voting with my heart for Labour even though Jake has little chance but I'm hoping the Tory vote is split by UKIP support and Lloyd gets back in.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here