Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Who was the first band you saw live.?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Mine was Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. Somewhere in a field in Cornwall, 1968.
Christ.....seems like another life. But I am still here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pink Floyd at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury on the Saucerful of Secrets tour was the first concert I attended (it was a cultural school outing, taken by a young graduate doing work experience after leaving University, he needed very little convincing to sell it to the headmaster :smile:). It was a complete hashfest in there too, which was nice for an 18 year old in 1969

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Pink Floyd at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury on the Saucerful of Secrets tour was the first concert I attended (it was a cultural school outing, taken by a young graduate doing work experience after leaving University, he needed very little convincing to sell it to the headmaster :smile:). It was a complete hashfest in there too, which was nice for an 18 year old in 1969

You are a year younger than me then. Good getting old isn't it.!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saxon - Brighton Centre, October 7 1981. It was loud.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Adam and the Ants - Brighton Centre 1981 with my Cousin and Aunty

Stiff Little Fingers - Top Rank Suite early 1982 (I think) this time with friends

Latest concert - Duran Duran -York

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cast, supporting Weezer at the Leeds Irish Centre, 1995.

Also my first (underage) pint of lager - Carling Black Label, as I recall.

Haha! Mine was Cast supporting U2 in Roundhay Park, Leeds, 1997.
They played 'flying' during a thunderstorm, was amazing!

Never thought I would end up living here.

First with mates was Foo Fighters at Brixton Academy - December 2000. That was tasty.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Georgie Fame at the Dome not sure when, but must have been mid/late 60's.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Magnum at Eastbourne Winter Gardens. I had seen Dumpys Rusty Nuts prior to this but this was more a pub gig than a proper concert.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Probably at The Pilgrim, Haywards Heath, 1966 or so underage drinking. Maybe The Motion, Johnny Fine and the Ramblers or Robb Storme and the Whispers.

Or perhaps The Beach Boys 1966/67. Saw them 3 times: Tooting Granada, Hammersmith Odeon and Finsbury Park Astoria. Mike Love was. moaning in one about their record company putting out 'Then I Kissed her' as a single.

No. The Small Faces when Sha La La La Lee was almost top of the charts at the legendary Downs Hotel, Hassocks of all places. Beginning of 1966.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here