Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Threw The Bottle ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not all the while we have idiots (even if it is only 2) throwing bottles on to the pitch.

It only took 12 years to get approval for The Amex and stupid incidents are the things the 'antis' roll out when they try and block our plans. By itself it was a minor incident but we all know that it will be reported and the club will probably be punished with a fine. The twat(s) responsible should be made to pay the fine for the club.

I am just pointing out that some perspective on these incidents might be helpful

There is no chance of football fans being treated like adults whilst attendances are as they are and whilst such a fuss is made of things that needn't be.

Even the word bottle hasn't been pre-fixed with the word plastic too often in the debate, it changes the context of the incident.

25 000 attended and a couple of plastic objects were thrown from the crowd at no-one in-particular, it was more hairy and scary at my 8 year old's birthday party.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There will be a reaction from the club, as it should, I suspect bottles of pop will now be banned from seats, maybe all drinks.

It is unfortunately the way of things that minority incidents attract instant reactions, similar to the parking at Coldean and Moulscoomb, half a dozen complaints about the 1% of fans parking irresponsibly, and the whole lot get banned.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'll be more surprised if the club isn't fined.

Yes, it was a minor incident but we are talking football here. The only sport in the country where we are unable to enjoy a beer if we can see the pitch/playing area.

All the while the odd idiot does idiotic things the majority get denied being treated like responsible adults.

As I said, it is a minor incident but sadly will likely get the club a slap on the wrist or a fine.

Guess I'm in the minority for not really being too bothered about a bottle or two being thrown on an empty corner of the pitch after we score at the opposite end. If it had been aimed at someone or there had been people in that area then it'd be completely different. If the guy(s) were thrown out then that should be enough, would be surprised to see the club fined.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
According to today's Argus, there were 3 arrests at the game on Saturday. Two were for public order offences in the North stand and the other for bottle throwing from the West stand

0.012% of people arrested for very minor incidents, can't believe all the fuss myself! You'd get more bother at a JLS gig

There will be a reaction from the club, as it should, I suspect bottles of pop will now be banned from seats, maybe all drinks.

It is unfortunately the way of things that minority incidents attract instant reactions, similar to the parking at Coldean and Moulscoomb, half a dozen complaints about the 1% of fans parking irresponsibly, and the whole lot get banned.

On-street parking in Moulsecoomb on match days results in the club breaching the conditions of the initial stadium planning consent; the Council (Lab, Con or Green) always had a contingency plan for a CPZ because they didn't believe the Albion's assertion that fans wouldn't park in this area. Sadly the Council(s) have been proved right and the parking continues there to this day (and the consequent fines being imposed on the Albion). Similar such parking conditions were imposed in Coldean as part of the stadium expansion application and resulted directly from the Moulsecoomb situation and local complaints; as far as I'm aware, fans continue to park there too, thereby racking up the cost the club still further.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am just pointing out that some perspective on these incidents might be helpful

There is no chance of football fans being treated like adults whilst attendances are as they are and whilst such a fuss is made of things that needn't be.

Even the word bottle hasn't been pre-fixed with the word plastic too often in the debate, it changes the context of the incident.

25 000 attended and a couple of plastic objects were thrown from the crowd at no-one in-particular, it was more hairy and scary at my 8 year old's birthday party.

So it would be ok for that full bottle of water to have smacked one of our player on the back of the head, I suspect you beleive that kiddy who was murdered last year in Brighton following one punch was being a bit dramatic as well.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So it would be ok for that full bottle of water to have smacked one of our player on the back of the head, I suspect you beleive that kiddy who was murdered last year in Brighton following one punch was being a bit dramatic as well.

Silly .......

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My view for what its worth. I've been watching from the north stand since day one at the amex and been lucky enough to be in a seat where the stewards don't bother me. They were particularly active on Saturday though and I don't think they did themselves any favours. However the reaction from the fans this time was very vocal. The stewards noticeably disappeared in the second half. I've always sympathised with the stewards who i've always thought are just doing their jobs as dictated by the club, but they were ridiculously over the top this time. The club needs to take a step back in my view and have a think about how they approach this because otherwise it's just going to end up with more antagonism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here