Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Threw The Bottle ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The clubs needs to decide one way or another to either allow or not allow people to stand.

The rules do seem to change week by week these days as to what stewarding will be applied

I don't sit there and haven't, but I know several who do and they all say that the stewards are confrontational and unfriendly in the main. That is their opinion havig sat there from the start and it doesn't suprise me. We don't want it to become a major issue, something needs to change for the good of all involved.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't sit there and haven't, but I know several who do and they all say that the stewards are confrontational and unfriendly in the main. That is their opinion havig sat there from the start and it doesn't suprise me. We don't want it to become a major issue, something needs to change for the good of all involved.

Nor do I, WSU and always greeted very pleasantly by our Lady Steward - lovely lady as well

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There seemed a very hostile atmosphere in the North and that needs to be managed better. The stewards need to manage the stand much better, if they lose it they won't get it back.

Your second post having a pop at the North Stand. The bottles came from the WSL, which is why the stewards went in that area.
You seem to love having a pop at the NS, whether your facts are right or wrong.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

There have been very few problems in the North Stand lately, with the stewards or supporters......does not stop some (who don't even sit in the NS) ramping up the anti....does it?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Despair of people these days......why can't they behave for 90 mins.....there is always someone that has to have his look at me moment....hope he is banned for life!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
strange mentality...

In what way? I go to watch the game, and I generally enjoy the whole experience. I chose to sit in the East because you have a good view of the whole game. I made the right decision. I considered the North because I do like to sing and vocally support the team but I like being able to watch the whole game, I don't like the view behind a goal.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
We are talking about a plastic bottle ??

25 000 people and someone threw a plastic bottle, maybe a little silly, but c'mon ....

I just can't quite join in the despair on this one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ref made the highly visible point of picking up more than one item from the vicinity of the North Stand blocks A/B (old school numbering) after Ulloa's third goal. Anybody who threw one of those is a lifelong loser see you next tuesday with no valid excuse or even reason to be at the stadium.
Total wanker(s). :tosser:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There seemed a very hostile atmosphere in the North and that needs to be managed better. The stewards need to manage the stand much better, if they lose it they won't get it back.

Maybe the stewards are getting more and more pissed off at people not sitting down when they are asked to?

What would you suggest to help them manage it better, NE? Personally I think there needs to be a bit more respect from the fans, to people that are merely doing their job :shrug:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In what way? I go to watch the game, and I generally enjoy the whole experience. I chose to sit in the East because you have a good view of the whole game. I made the right decision. I considered the North because I do like to sing and vocally support the team but I like being able to watch the whole game, I don't like the view behind a goal.

Good,you made the right decision, you don't like the view behind the goal, which is handy, because you don't sit behind the goal.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe the stewards are getting more and more pissed off at people not sitting down when they are asked to?

What would you suggest to help them manage it better, NE? Personally I think there needs to be a bit more respect from the fans, to people that are merely doing their job :shrug:

Respect is the key word. Do you sit in the North? If so, is it your opinion the stewards enhance the experience or spoil it? There should be a lighter touch approach, not a heavy handed one. It is tough to get right from the clubs' perspective because in reality they probably don't really care if fans stand. If you take your kids in there, fair enough, but be aware there is standing. We've all bren through it, being a kid and not being able to see properly and it hasn't done any of us too much harm so why should it now?

But the FA don't allow it. And there are regulations. Safe standing is very important in my opinion, people want the option to stand and they should have it. Legally and without the need for confrontation. The sooner someone with power realises the will of the ONLY people who matter, the better.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Herein lies the problem, I would suspect that the majority of fans in the North Stand would prefer to stand, it enhances their matchday experience.

I am guessing that the Safety Manager needs to get the crowds to sit down, otherwise someone might rebuke some certificate or other.

Personally I miss the genuine illogical passion of an old school game, but I come from a different time.

I do hear that at times stewarding can be stifling, not just with us but throughout the grounds.

It will all change, at some stage football will experience hardship and crowds will dwindle, only then will there be an effort to give fans what they want.

In many ways football is a unique business model, they dictate to their customers rather than the other way round and in typical British fashion we accept it and condemn others that dont conform.

There will be a time when beer will be available throughout the stadium and safe terracing will return and maybe even reasonable ticketing prices, but be patient we are just a generation behind our German colleagues.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
One of the bottles belonged to the ref anyway. He lost it in the first half when he only booked Danns.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
I sit in the north and personally think all this standing up thing is getting a bit twattish. Some bloke animatedly encouraging us all to stand to support one of our ejected brethren, in my view is the sort of shit you did at school. f*** off mate we're not twelve. It's all getting a bit lord of the flies now, just perhaps sit the f*** down?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

Its the North Stand at the AMEX? Not bleeding Basra.....

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
The clubs needs to decide one way or another to either allow or not allow people to stand.

The rules do seem to change week by week these days as to what stewarding will be applied

Week by week? That would be 'Half by half'.........not a steward to be seen asking people to sit in the 2nd half. As is normally the case when they try to enforce the sitting regs........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here