Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who still buys a newspaper everyday?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No just use the Guardian site and sometimes Argus online now, ocassionaly buy an observer or weekend Guardian. If I had an i pad of my own may be tempted to buy Guardians online version as the pictures are very good on that format.

Never read a free paper either.

I'm a subscriber to The Guardian on Kindle. It's a good way to read a newspaper, because the format makes it easy to be selective about the articles / stories that you read, while at the same time ensuring that you read the whole of any article that you have chosen. Most of the time, it's the opinion and comment columns that catch my eye, rather than the straight news. When I read the paper version, I tended to skip through the paper, catching headlines and skim-reading bits and pieces here and there. On balance, I prefer the Kindle experience.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We get the weekend papers, but have stopped getting them every day. The interweb is usually better when it comes to up-to-date articles and comments.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
I would buy the sun and a packet of fags on my way to work religiously for over twenty years, then i gave up the smokes in 2005 and the newspaper soon afterwards.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I usually read the Metro on the train to work, but that's about it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Financial Times and Telegraph on Saturday.Sunday Times and Telegraph on Sunday.Couldn't possibly give up my weekend papers as I love slumping in my favourite chair reading them through.
Weekdays,I usually buy the Telegraph 4 times a week,as I sometimes miss out Monday if I have a backlog of weekenders to read!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Haven't read a newspaper in years. All the news in them is a day old or made up.
Online/Twitter/NSC is the place for up to the minute breaking news.
Plus my eyes are going and I can't be arsed to wear glasses.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I buy 3 of the rags every day. Only for the crosswords though. I'm not interested in the made up nonsense that is supposedly 'news'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I buy The Guardian, The Argus and The NME on Wednesdays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here