Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like Capaldi, he is great as the doctor. The writing this season has not been great though.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The option of a previous Doctor intrigues me, I for one would love to see McGann given a run of episodes, perhaps a half a season where he returns to assist the 12th in some way?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Capaldi may be there for a while. I hope so, I really like his take on it.

In my book Crapaldi has been pretty poor, haven't been that enthused to watch every Saturday night so have been watching on i-player mostly but made the effort to catch the series finale 2 hander and was very disappointed. It was obvious it was The Master in female form as sadly John Simm is too classy and probably too expensive for the BBC these days. It was 48 minutes of chewing gum, 48 minutes that could have been trimmed to 20 minutes
. Crapaldi's Doctor seems to be trying to channel Matt Smith and David Tennant but falls miserably somewhere between the two into a kind of netherworld of neither. Whereas Tennant raged against the Universe's rules and changed things by force of will and Smith panicked and flustered yet found a way to control situations, Capaldi seems to dance around like Mr Claypole in Rent-a Ghost and being thoroughly annoying and gurning and throwing various levels of Scottishness about.

Crapaldi - OUT !

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sheridan Smith if they go down the female doctor route, although I honestly reckon in 2 years or so she's going to be serious A- list, she's phenomenal.

If it's a bloke, then I think the bloke that played Jim Moriarty in Sherlock. Just enough light and shade there to be really good

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sheridan Smith if they go down the female doctor route, although I honestly reckon in 2 years or so she's going to be serious A- list, she's phenomenal.

If it's a bloke, then I think the bloke that played Jim Moriarty in Sherlock. Just enough light and shade there to be really good

That is Andrew Scott, I think he is "going places " already but, good call, he was excellent in Sherlock.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
noel_edmonds_212407a.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Been very disappointed with this season. It's all about opinions but IMO Capaldi has easily been the worst doctor of the 'new' ones. That might not be Capaldi's fault though. The writing has been patchy at best, and his character is too manic and he seems to have completely lost any understanding of humanity (and human relationships). Also the interplay between him and Jenna Coleman is like watching a poor comedy double act with no timing.

I've been watching the Christopher Eccleston episodes. They piss all over this series in every respect, not least because Eccleston's doctor doesn't run around like one of the Keystone Kops, but mainly because the ideas and writing are SO much better. And Mr Pink is just a poor man's Micky Smith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here