Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be England number 1 for the World Cup in June?

Who should be England number 1 for the World Cup in South Africa?

• David James

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • Paul Robinson

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Joe Hart

Votes: 52 38.5%
  • Ben Foster

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Manuel Almunia

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Robert Green

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Robinson would be my number 1 for a couple of reasons a) hes got the experience of big tournements B) Playing extremely well at the moment.

Joe Hart would be my 2nd choice, however if we make him number 1 and he has a shocker against USA and we lose we might end up like Englands last great up and coming goalkeeper....Scott Carson

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Robinson for me - he's fit, he's experienced, and he's on form. What's more, he seems to have regained the confidence he lost after the freak goal in Croatia.

SeagullSi

Jan 10, 2010
The best player this season has been Hart. Shouldn't matter how old he is. Akinfeev has been in goal for Russia since he was 19.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
The best player this season has been Hart. Shouldn't matter how old he is. Akinfeev has been in goal for Russia since he was 19.

Difference is Akinfeev IMHO will go on to be the best goalkeeper in the world at some point in his life.

Also he has made some shocking mistakes but thankfully the russian newspapers and public arent as harsh as we are

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Almunia only one of that mob with lots of Champions League experience. Will probably be Hart James and Green although i would take Robinson over James as James is never fit.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
He's SPANISH.:facepalm:

(And, he's not even that good....)

He has never played for Spain and been here 5 years thus allowing him to play for us by becoming an English citizen. If you want a recent example of this look at Senna who is brazilian by birth but spanish by citizenship, nice try at outsmarting someone else though better luck next time:wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has never played for Spain and been here 5 years thus allowing him to play for us by becoming an English citizen. If you want a recent example of this look at Senna who is brazilian by birth but spanish by citizenship, nice try at outsmarting someone else though better luck next time:wink:

Capello has already said he will not consider anybody who only qualifies by residency and as has been said he isnt good enough either, being not as good as James,Robinson Green or Hart, or even possibly Foster.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None of that lot inspire confidence. I think the defense is going to be England's achilles heel at the World Cup. They let in lot of goals against very mediocre opposition in the qualifiers.

Capello has already said he will not consider anybody who only qualifies by residency and as has been said he isnt good enough either, being not as good as James,Robinson Green or Hart, or even possibly Foster.

Don't see why not, half the German team's Polish and most of the French squad are African.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here