Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should be England number 1 for the World Cup in June?

Who should be England number 1 for the World Cup in South Africa?

• David James

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • Paul Robinson

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Joe Hart

Votes: 52 38.5%
  • Ben Foster

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Manuel Almunia

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Robert Green

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Although I started the Joe Hart thread and think the guy's got great potential, I would probably choose to have David James in goal for the World Cup just for his experience at this level. And he's not a bad goalie!

Dec 13, 2009
Hart is on immense form.
But I have to go with Pelling :D

Oct 25, 2003
None of that lot inspire confidence. I think the defense is going to be England's achilles heel at the World Cup. They let in lot of goals against very mediocre opposition in the qualifiers.

a fairly large problem is the momentary lapses in concentration.........they were punished a few times in qualifying & recent friendlies......if we're not on the ball against the likes of spain we'll get destroyed

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Capello has already said he will not consider anybody who only qualifies by residency and as has been said he isnt good enough either, being not as good as James,Robinson Green or Hart, or even possibly Foster.

Most of those listed have moved clubs while almunia's been number 1 at arsenal do u not hink wenger would have replaced him if he or others thought that? Almunia has the most top level experience and would be
my first choice. Opinions eh!

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
I personally do not rate Almunia at all, ok i admit ive not seen too much of him but what i have watched he has always looked shaky and error-prone on crosses. If Arsenal had Hart, Akineev etc i think they would win the league quite easy

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Hart been class this year . James been good but ijnury- pron. Green in my opinon has been poor at times this year. As I played for CTFC u18s It sould be me :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
is it only me that isn't convinced that rob green isn't ACTUALLY that good?

I'm not convinced about any of them!

Hart could be the best but a few highlights of Birmingham games is not enough to judge.

Seen plenty of James and Robinson over the years to know that they can both be brilliant, but prone to the occasional howler - particular James.

I think we are going to have to accept that, whoever plays, there will probably be a cock-up at some stage. Let's hope it doesn't affect a match result!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would rate James as current no 1 (if fit) as he has the mental strength not to let a cock up effect him. Could be overtaken by Hart if he has good consistent 2nd half of the season, but the fact that he hasn't played under the type of pressure that next summer will bring does worry me a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here