Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." about Diouf?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have pointed out that the main coaches work together on getting fans to matches to extent of taking up the slack when others cancel.
There is a newsletter that goes out every month to members produced by Tim Carder which states that membership is going up. It costs £5 per year to join, and the newsletter alone is worth that imo.

I agree, and the Monthly Almanac gives a report on every game and a breakdown of the month's news. The club buys 2 season tickets a year which anyone can use and there may be still a discount at the shop for being a member but I'm not sure if that still applies.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't have the membership figures to hand you should ring Liz, she'll be willing to tell you. :)

If you let me have her telephone number I would gladly call. I may stand back from the phone though in case she screams for the police.

Last time I asked the question of the chairman, about three months ago, membership was estimated at about 300 I think.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree, and the Monthly Almanac gives a report on every game and a breakdown of the month's news. The club buys 2 season tickets a year which anyone can use and there may be still a discount at the shop for being a member but I'm not sure if that still applies.

More information than they have ever publicised.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The two seats were bought for overseas and exiles but now we have the extra seats in, there were games where there was no uptake so that has now been cancelled. The Almanac is £5 per year extra.
The discount is available to every season ticket holder now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
She gave a 30 minute interview which was edited down to a few minutes. She actually said. What does it matter if up to 50% of our fanbase was gay?'

she actually said ""we know that half our crowd is quite probably on the basis of being Brighton probably is gay"

there is a subtle difference.its always helpful i think to be quite factual on matters like this if you want to be taken seriously,as opposed to just pulling a wild figure out of a bobble hat.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." about Diouf?

She has a membership, therefore she speaks for them. Most people on here are only speaking for themselves. She does not speak for me and to be honest, I am not bothered about the politics I go to the football to get away from it. I would suggest if people feel they need to be represented, then knock yourself out and grab some members.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a moo point. It's like a cow's opinion; it doesn't matter
A moo point may be like a cow's opinion, but we're talking about a moot point - more of a Giraffe's opinion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Steady. That kind of behaviour has just cost El Hadj Diouf two weeks wages.
Didn't Diouf put his hands on his crotch and shout ****, suggesting he wasn't grabbing a member after all?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Who said “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman..." a

Years ago I fancied going to an away game at the last minute (can't for the life of me remember which one ), so phones up and I'm told no seats left but we can put you on the junior seagulls coach !
So there I was , bloke mid twenties , sat on his own being offered crisps and drinks and asked if I wanted to join in the quiz ........very strange experience !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Years ago I fancied going to an away game at the last minute (can't for the life of me remember which one ), so phones up and I'm told no seats left but we can put you on the junior seagulls coach !
So there I was , bloke mid twenties , sat on his own being offered crisps and drinks and asked if I wanted to join in the quiz ........very strange experience !

Good grief, on the face of it that's a potential paedo alert isn't it! Surely the point of the junior seagulls coach is that it is a safe environment. And I'm not suggesting that you're not safe by the way. But you see what I'm saying....

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003

Ye absolutely see what you're saying but this was about 20 years ago and don't think it was really thought about.
Have to say though it was a night game and there was a couple of kids that would not shut up on the way back........could easily have killed them !!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I went on the Costa coach once, when I was about 17, to an away game at Bradford. We lost, and the entire experience put me off for life.

The only other time was on a non-Costa coach to Cardiff for the play off final. We had a driver who operated a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it came to alcohol. Which was nice.

I can't remember us playing Bradford in the last 3 or 4 years...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

I can't remember us playing Bradford in the last 3 or 4 years...

Wait, I see what you are doing. "Why, Edna you can't possibly be older than 21"

You old charmer !

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Poor liz, give the grannies a break, they been there through thick and blue, probably not got Internet, no ones told them Peter ward has left the club and she loves jimmy melia as plays draughts with him on Thursdays between calling and confirming the coach numbers bless her, up liz I say, give her the mayoress title to all things seagull

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's nearer 400 and it is the biggest representation of Brighton fans. Just saying.

Bollocks it is, NSC has more members. Costa is a cringing embarrassment to this club, she speaks for nobody except a tiny percentage of bobble-hatted bedwetters and a period of silence on her part would be most welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here