Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who or what do you blame for the nations general apathy towards the Royal wedding?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apathy? i think theres a lot of interest. i wouldnt judge the nation by what NSC thought two months ago.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
No i think there's general disinterest. I work with many people and i don't know any that are actually looking forward to it. Looking forward to the time off yes, but not the wedding.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If youre abroad and Sky tv is your reference point, you would think that the UK is in fact obsessed with this wedding.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There will still be thousands and thousands of people lining the streets in London tomorrow, I think a lot of people do have an interest in it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because people have finally woken up to the fact that fawning to a bunch of extremely wealthy spongers is laughable?

Incidentally, how much is it all costing, you know, what with CMD about to slash spending on doctors, nurses and teachers? I see 2,000 military are taking part too. I thought we didn't have the money to equip them properly?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I think maybe the media overkill is putting people off, rather than anything else. Im sure theres plenty interested, but the media seems to think that it has to cover every angle. Saw some bloke parading a succession of wedding dresses the other day as the style of dresses the new princess will 'possibly' wear...

shit, I didnt get clearance from disco suit boy to post... apologies.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
the royal family..... the last time we went nuts was for Lady Dis and look what happened to that. The Royal Family no longer instills pride because it doesn't stand for anything anymore. They relinquished that themselves when they stopped being examples to the rest of us.

Just as well maybe.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I blame the media. Honestly thought the couple might have attempted a quieter do, but as he's our future king, s'pose that was never going to happen. Mind you, we all know what happened to the marraige of our other future king !!
Will there be the same ballyhoo when the Queen's grand-daughter gets splice to an England rugby player later this year, doubt it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
She was UTTER FILTH though, and proof of the "the madder the woman, the better in bed she is" adage.

Youve obviously had more experience with her than me... all I got was a grope.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
herd-of-sheep.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the last couple of weeks, all we heard from our American friends was how much they were looking forward to the wedding, in fact two people we met worked for CNN and they were sending a team to london bigger than that sent to cover the Iraq War!

Maybe people just want some good news and respite from the constant doom and gloom in the papers?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I think maybe the media overkill is putting people off, rather than anything else. Im sure theres plenty interested, but the media seems to think that it has to cover every angle. Saw some bloke parading a succession of wedding dresses the other day as the style of dresses the new princess will 'possibly' wear...

I think this is quite true, its being crammed down our throats day in day out to the point of banality as they've run out of things to say. I don't have a problem with the wedding itself, as I think its something Britian does well, pomp and ceremony, but the pathetic hyping by the media means I won't be paying it any attention.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Depends on where you live, it's buzzing down here in Lyme Regis and has been since Tuesday. We f***ing love a bit of pomp and ceremony down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here