who or what annoys you the most on NSC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
People who are rude for no reason. Bullies. People who can't take a little bit of constructive criticism. People who can't talk about politics (or any other divisive subject) without resorting to pathetic abuse. This stuff annoys me but it's all part of the ebb and flow of a forum like this.

I can't abide the rude, aggressive, thick idiots on here. I've blocked most of them as I really just can't be bothered to hear from them. I think the worst are the people who march around like they're hard men and think fighting or talking about fighting is cool. That's just pitying really.

Then I realise it’s only a message board and of all the people I’ve met on here, 99% of them have been lovely.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
People who are rude for no reason. Bullies. People who can't take a little bit of constructive criticism. People who can't talk about politics (or any other divisive subject) without resorting to pathetic abuse. This stuff annoys me but it's all part of the ebb and flow of a forum like this.

I can't abide the rude, aggressive, thick idiots on here. I've blocked most of them as I really just can't be bothered to hear from them. I think the worst are the people who march around like they're hard men and think fighting or talking about fighting is cool. That's just pitying really.

Then I realise it’s only a message board and of all the people I’ve met on here, 99% of them have been lovely.

That, my old fruit, is the post of the week.

Jan 30, 2008
:cry:

thats probaby the sadest post yet

Jan 30, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3950213 said:
Yeah anyone who does all that "pwopa naughty" crap on hooligan threads. Who actually says that anyway? And it just makes you sound like a scaredy wet pussy fart.
roll up , roll up they know who they are :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
People that sign their username at the bottom of their posts, what is that all about? I'll give you a clue who posted it, their name is on the left next to the post.

**Badger**

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Goring Gull for his non stop exaggeration and tediocraty.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair anyone who gets wound up by anything on here probably needs to pay a bird for an empty out.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Interesting phrase that "chip on the shoulder". Wikipedia (hmmm) says that it is related to carpenters at Royal Navy dockyards being allowed to take home chips of left over wood. Also some silly American thing about flicking a chip of wood from someone's shoulder to challenge them to a fight. I'd always thought it was tied closely in to the "Top dog/under dog" issue.

The top and under dogs were carpenters cutting timber - mainly planks (often in ship yards). They used one long saw which was pulled from the top by a man standing on the tree trunk (the top dog) and another pulling down from underneath (the under dog). Clearly the under dog was in a more uncomfortable position and so it was a job given to the more junior man. A by product of being under dog was that you got showered in wood shavings and wood chips - which often led to resentment of the older/more senior carpenter by the younger/less skilled worker. Take your pick - but that seems far more likely than the other suggestions.

This is why I :love: NSC...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports