Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who or what annoys you the most on NSC

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interesting phrase that "chip on the shoulder". Wikipedia (hmmm) says that it is related to carpenters at Royal Navy dockyards being allowed to take home chips of left over wood. Also some silly American thing about flicking a chip of wood from someone's shoulder to challenge them to a fight. I'd always thought it was tied closely in to the "Top dog/under dog" issue.

The top and under dogs were carpenters cutting timber - mainly planks (often in ship yards). They used one long saw which was pulled from the top by a man standing on the tree trunk (the top dog) and another pulling down from underneath (the under dog). Clearly the under dog was in a more uncomfortable position and so it was a job given to the more junior man. A by product of being under dog was that you got showered in wood shavings and wood chips - which often led to resentment of the older/more senior carpenter by the younger/less skilled worker. Take your pick - but that seems far more likely than the other suggestions.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People who address each other by their first names on here, it's just naff.

Any post over a few lines long - I don't come on here to read a frickin' essay, I want short succinct commentary.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People who address each other by their first names on here, it's just naff.

Any post over a few lines long - I don't come on here to read a frickin' essay, I want short succinct commentary.

sorry Tarquine, I'll stop!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
People who know nothing about football but continue to spout rubbish and write players off even when they have been proved wrong time and time again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I could write a book about whom and what annoys me most about NSC.

I'll get stuck into the cider tonight and begin.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When there are 20 threads on one subject (Elliot Bennett) and someone decides it would be a good idea to post another one from a "slightly different angle".

Crodo always putting exclamation marks next to threads that are in no way important

Oh and Redneb :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:gasp:

I'm losing my touch if I can't even make simster's top 2 :down:
To be fair, you're already covered by Cheeky Monkey as most of your posts are rambling incoherent drivel that I can't actually be arsed to read. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People who don't understand the difference between a big animal and a hard animal.

Agreed. The ridiculous number of posters still too stupid to understand what the word hard means truly baffles me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here