Who lives in a home like these...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
The people that live in all those houses are a right bunch of absolute cu-

Oh, sorry Programe_Seller, didn't see your post above.

Tell us, do you or your house hide a dark forbidden secret? Involving a cellar? Or some nipple clamps? Come on, you're among friends...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I lived in 32 and 27 Upper Rock Gardens, I'm an Upper Rock Gardens expert, but I couldn't tell you what is special about 30/31 URG. :shrug:

Unless.........the two houses at the top of Upper Rock Gardens were replaced by an ugly block of flats, were they 30/31 and if so were they bombed in WWII and replaced by the flats?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
David!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
OK,Had to laugh at some of the comical answers..about 4 of you were close re ww2 bombing...although they were not bombed themselves but were the Addresses of the victims of the bombing of the Odean cinema 14th September 1940,a Saturday afternoon. A Dornier17 was being chased by a Spifire and it jettisoned the bomb load.The bombs fell on Kemp Town Place,Odeon Cinema in St Georges Rd,Upper Bedford St,Hereford St, and Edward St Upper Rock Gardens,one bomb was unaccounted for. 300 people were in the Cinema.52 killed,85 badly injured.
Sorry for spelling Addresses wrong but it was morning and I put too much Vodka on my cornflakes.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Thanks Seagull enjoyed that thread If memory serves me correct wasn't it mostly children who were killed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports