Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who is the Father of the House (NSC) ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I took NSC over from Gary C sometime around 2000 from what I recall.

A few different board systems were tried before we settled on vBulletin where we've been for approaching 17 years now. This might be a good time to mention I am currently exploring migrating to different software, which could be a monstrous task. What's the worst that could happen?!?

Maybe you get [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] in on contract to help on the migration :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who was the poster who used to mix uPpeR aNd LoWEr case letters all the time? Was it Whitehawk someone?

Also remember a poster called Krispies was on here quite a while ago and maybe not anymore.

Must go now, I've pushed my posting rate up above 1 post every fortnight...I always thought to myself I would retire from posting at 600 but I've smashed through that barrier recently.

That was FG. A rAcist trOLL. It has been rumoured he is Ernest, but when FG was interviewed after a game by Harty, he said he was from Burgess Hill, or Haywards Heath (one of the two). A far cry from the Cliftonville.

Whitehawk1 was somewhat monosyllabic and gruff.

Standard insult on NSC? 'Melt'. Seems like yesterday. Weird.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back in 2004 I met with an NSCer in MacTier, Ontario. If he's still with us, he would likely be the Father of the House. Can't remember his username though. :(

When some of us including you and I met up in the Cricketers in Gillingham in the late 90s via a Mailing List arrangement, [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] was there and I seem to recall you brought him over some Canadian pancake mix, as he once lived in Toronto. He still posts on NSC. Lovely bloke. Perhaps it was him?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe you get [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] in on contract to help on the migration :facepalm:

From what I recall, I migrated over post counts, but not the posts themselves, and [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] ran an admin tool that set user post counts equal to the actual number of posts present on the board/in the backend database, so everyone got set back to zero, or close to that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The lost post counts resetting to zero I was never that fussed over (let’s face it, I was never going to keep pace with the likes of Ben’s Grandad), but it was a shame that everyone’s join date showed as 2003, even for those of us that were an earlier vintage and who’d already been NSCErs for 5/6 years by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The lost post counts resetting to zero I was never that fussed over (let’s face it, I was never going to keep pace with the likes of Ben’s Grandad), but it was a shame that everyone’s join date showed as 2003, even for those of us that were an earlier vintage and who’d already been NSCErs for 5/6 years by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone was really that bothered, but it was hilarious at the time :lolol:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?5384-My-post-count!-*Turkeygate*

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Back in 2004 I met with an NSCer in MacTier, Ontario. If he's still with us, he would likely be the Father of the House. Can't remember his username though. :(

I may be well off the mark but wasn't there an elderly gentleman called Porky (or something similar) that posted from Canada?

Edit: Should have done a search first. There is a member called Porky who lives in Ontario

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
When some of us including you and I met up in the Cricketers in Gillingham in the late 90s via a Mailing List arrangement, [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] was there and I seem to recall you brought him over some Canadian pancake mix, as he once lived in Toronto. He still posts on NSC. Lovely bloke. Perhaps it was him?

Nope, not him. This guy was quite a bit older.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I may be well off the mark but wasn't there an elderly gentleman called Porky (or something similar) that posted from Canada?

Edit: Should have done a search first. There is a member called Porky who lives in Ontario

That's the fellah. Very nice bloke. Not posted since 2012. :down:

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Who was the poster who used to mix uPpeR aNd LoWEr case letters all the time? Was it Whitehawk someone?

Also remember a poster called Krispies was on here quite a while ago and maybe not anymore.

Must go now, I've pushed my posting rate up above 1 post every fortnight...I always thought to myself I would retire from posting at 600 but I've smashed through that barrier recently.

A mention of Krispies here:

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/27-04-1996-brighton-hove-albion-vs-york-city.71390/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here