Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who is the Father of the House (NSC) ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Photos aren't there any more :(

But that's the one that was held on my birthday - I was only there early on. Lots of long-forgotten NSC names though

The photos work fine for me. They're towards the end of the thread. Maybe start at the final page of the thread. That's got one for starters. Here's a screenshot of it

IMG_20200429_194642.jpg

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I turned 70 earlier this month, I joined in July 2003 and I still haven't cracked 1500 posts yet. Is this some sort of record ?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I seem to remember at that time you could choose a different name for each post you made.

Ah, hence at least one poster on that page with two names...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I still see / speak to Danny Seagull on a reasonably basis, he is fine and well, happy as well :)

Marvellous, glad he is well !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I started in ‘97 too, just after we first got online (£2.50 an hour on Mistral)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes, the mailing list. Also on there were [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION], [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION], [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION],and various others.

I was FAV666 on old skool NSC. Like Whitehawk1, I was named after a bus :lolol:

Mailing list for me as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
I turned 70 earlier this month, I joined in July 2003 and I still haven't cracked 1500 posts yet. Is this some sort of record ?

Sadly not, Wolfie. There are a few lurkers who occasionally emerge with similar chronolgy and even fewer posts than me.

I was around from circa 1999 working the NSC Night Shift due to the time difference. Had some mini-meat-ups when visiting Brighton and the Big Smoke with some of the old lags like Hart's Shirt, Barnet, Man of Harveys, and shared a Withdean Hospitality pre-game lunch with other eminents like Lush, Mr. Putdown, Afters, MoH, Harty, Wozza, Ben C et al.

I still treasure Away visits to the humble grass hut and tiki bar from listees the likes of the inimitable Bry Nylon and Rrrussss. Happy days. And not forgetting a shout-out to HWT for rescuing me on a UK visit 15+ years ago when I succumbed to pneumonia and a heart issue resolved by his hospital. I owe a significant debt of gratitude for that as well as subsequent hospitality shared at Albion games. A good man.

unclesam:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The photos work fine for me. They're towards the end of the thread. Maybe start at the final page of the thread. That's got one for starters. Here's a screenshot of it

Good tip. I'd started from the front, followed the link that Roz put up and couldn't see the pix. But working backwards does the trick.

I left about 7.30 that night so I didn't feature in any of them but it looks a great do

How many of those people are still on NSC? A few have got different names now but some seem to have disappeared entirely

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

No it's not, I'm in a similar situation regarding joining and posts but can add 4 more years on to my age.

PS....what happened to [MENTION=17]Yorkie[/MENTION]?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here