Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Got to be one of the Steve's surely?

Steve North (Southy)
Stephen Grant (Comedy Steve)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's me. You'd have to be pretty ancient to remember Darts though.

The very first album that I owned was 'The Amazing Darts' album I must have been about 7 at the time and I played it to death. Daddy Cool, Come Back My Love, Boy From New York City... that one that goes "I'm mad...I'm evil...my middle name is misery". Top, top album.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
The very first album that I owned was 'The Amazing Darts' album I must have been about 7 at the time and I played it to death. Daddy Cool, Come Back My Love, Boy From New York City... that one that goes "I'm mad...I'm evil...my middle name is misery". Top, top album.
Cheers, I had a lot of fun. Needless to say I can't remember much of it and I came out the other side with no money and a huge tax bill. Ripped off by the record label and publisher (legally) and ripped off by the manager (illegally). That's why I look after musicians now and try and steer them away from the problems I experienced.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Cheers, I had a lot of fun. Needless to say I can't remember much of it and I came out the other side with no money and a huge tax bill. Ripped off by the record label and publisher (legally) and ripped off by the manager (illegally). That's why I look after musicians now and try and steer them away from the problems I experienced.

Hornblower at the very end of Daddy Cool, just after the ah haa haahs, someone shouts something out, which is only half caught on the recording. To my young impressionable mind at the time, someone threw in a rude word right at the end. Do you have any idea what I am talking about and is there any truth in this ?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Hornblower at the very end of Daddy Cool, just after the ah haa haahs, someone shouts something out, which is only half caught on the recording. To my young impressionable mind at the time, someone threw in a rude word right at the end. Do you have any idea what I am talking about and is there any truth in this ?
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about, in actual fact it's Bob Fish, one of the singers laughing but we too thought it sounded like the F word so we decided to leave it in. It caused quite a lot of grief with our record label and radio one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I loved Darts, always looked like you were having a good time. I have heard a few stories from Danny Baker that apparently you guys and Boney M were the major party animals of the time, and made the likes of Ozzy and Led Zep look like choirboys.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I loved Darts, always looked like you were having a good time. I have heard a few stories from Danny Baker that apparently you guys and Boney M were the major party animals of the time, and made the likes of Ozzy and Led Zep look like choirboys.

Yes, that's pretty acurate. We were basically a pop band with a punk attitude. We got banned from every hotel chain in Scandinavia and we had overnight stays in a good number of European jail cells. The thing is there was nine of us and two very hard road crew, so we pretty much did what we liked. We were never unpleasant but we knew how to have a great time. We saw off Motorhead, Iggy Pop, The Pirates, The Attractions and many other bands on the partying front. That's another reason why we were always broke, we had major hotel damage bills to settle whenever we went on tour and in 1978 we were on the road for 10 months solid. As I have said, I can't remember most of it but I had the best time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes, that's pretty acurate. We were basically a pop band with a punk attitude. We got banned from every hotel chain in Scandinavia and we had overnight stays in a good number of European jail cells. The thing is there was nine of us and two very hard road crew, so we pretty much did what we liked. We were never unpleasant but we knew how to have a great time. We saw off Motorhead, Iggy Pop, The Pirates, The Attractions and many other bands on the partying front. That's another reason why we were always broke, we had major hotel damage bills to settle whenever we went on tour and in 1978 we were on the road for 10 months solid. As I have said, I can't remember most of it but I had the best time.

Just watched one of your performances of The Boys From New York City and imagined you lot going bonkers in a hotel bar. Quite formidable I would imagine!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just watched one of your performances of The Boys From New York City and imagined you lot going bonkers in a hotel bar. Quite formidable I would imagine!

In those days the BBC wouldn't let the band play live on TOTP so, knowing we were going to mime we would get completely hammered in the bar beforehand. Getting completely pissed and flirting with Legs and Co was the order of the day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In those days the BBC wouldn't let the band play live on TOTP so, knowing we were going to mime we would get completely hammered in the bar beforehand. Getting completely pissed and flirting with Legs and Co was the order of the day.

Haha! Quite the legacy you have. I have always had a soft spot for The Darts as you lot seemed so different, now I know why! Good work.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The first year I began listening to pop music was 1978. Darts were a major name. I remember being bought 'Come back my love' as a Christmas present.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was in a BBC2 documentary when I was 13, but I can't imagine that really counts as any kind of fame.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What about supporters of other clubs?

Burnley - Alistair Campbell?
Villa - Prince William?
Man U - Mick Hucknall?
Everton - Maddie McCann?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here