Who is next on thew Slade radar

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He would be better as a goalkeeper, he could just stand in front of the goal

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
arr.. Windass - what's he up to these days.

he got pissed off with oldham for leaving him on the bench when he was originally told he'd be 1st choice... i guess he returned to hull after that but has since been released & joined darlington as a player-coach.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looks like it may take a while for the next few players to come in...

Slade says reinforcements might take time

6:20am Tuesday 7th July 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Andy Naylor »

Albion boss Russell Slade expects his squad rebuilding to continue once the season has started.

Slade is at the midway point of his major overhaul following the captures of Mark Wright, James Tunicliffe, Gary Dicker, Andrew Crofts and Graeme Smith.

Several more new recruits, both permanent and temporary, are in the pipeline, although deals will not necessarily be completed in time for the big kick-off at home to Walsall on August 8.

Slade said: “As much as you want to get everything done now, I think it could go on well into August. We are about halfway. We are still missing key players to strengthen the squad.

“We definitely still need to do some work across midfield and bring a striker in as well. After all, we have lost about 15 players but I am delighted with the ones that have come in.”

Former MK Dons winger Wright has been particularly impressive since the players reported back last week for pre-season training.

“Wrighty has already proved himself to be exceptionally fit,” Slade said. “He looks the strongest. Coxy (Dean Cox) has come back in great nick as well and everyone is buying into what we are trying to achieve.”

Joe Lynch’s future remains unclear, with Nottingham Forest unwilling to meet Albion’s asking price for the defender they had on loan last season.

Slade’s rebuilding programme is not just restricted to players. He is also close to strengthening his coaching staff, scouting network and back-up medical team.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Looks like it may take a while for the next few players to come in...

Slade says reinforcements might take time

6:20am Tuesday 7th July 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Andy Naylor »

Albion boss Russell Slade expects his squad rebuilding to continue once the season has started.

Slade is at the midway point of his major overhaul following the captures of Mark Wright, James Tunicliffe, Gary Dicker, Andrew Crofts and Graeme Smith.

Several more new recruits, both permanent and temporary, are in the pipeline, although deals will not necessarily be completed in time for the big kick-off at home to Walsall on August 8.

Slade said: “As much as you want to get everything done now, I think it could go on well into August. We are about halfway. We are still missing key players to strengthen the squad.

“We definitely still need to do some work across midfield and bring a striker in as well. After all, we have lost about 15 players but I am delighted with the ones that have come in.”

Former MK Dons winger Wright has been particularly impressive since the players reported back last week for pre-season training.

“Wrighty has already proved himself to be exceptionally fit,” Slade said. “He looks the strongest. Coxy (Dean Cox) has come back in great nick as well and everyone is buying into what we are trying to achieve.”

Joe Lynch’s future remains unclear, with Nottingham Forest unwilling to meet Albion’s asking price for the defender they had on loan last season.

Slade’s rebuilding programme is not just restricted to players. He is also close to strengthening his coaching staff, scouting network and back-up medical team.

Not sure I like this management speak from RS :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here